Another Do I need A Push 2 thread... but really I can't figure this out
    Tech Wizard

Default Another Do I need A Push 2 thread... but really I can't figure this out

Here's the gist,

I'm currently running suite with komplete 10 and some other vst's as my main source of instruments. I've been branching into using more samples although other than using a friends vocal I've never really sampled heavily in my workflow, including when I had a maschine. I already own and am familiarizing myself with touchable 3 which seems to cover almost all of what push 2 does on the surface besides the tactile control. I have a kontrol F1 running a homemade mapping similar to how EPROM plays live with his MF PRO for my performance style in Live so I'm not looking for a performance controller. Last tidbit was that I rarely used my screens on the maschine mk1, even though I became very familiar with pad + Shift shortcuts on the controller. I'd like to start incorporating more of my own sampling and am afraid that touchable will not perform the way push 2 does at this point, but besides that i'm not certain I'll use push's screens unless they are far more useful than maschine and that I may be fine just picking up a launchpad for 64 pad fingerdrumming. Really boils down to Push 2 augmenting a very hip hop inspired workflow to the tune of $500 bucks vs. using touchable 3 and picking up a launchpad mk2.... anybody not too sick of this debate to chime in?

follow this ez flowchart:

DO I NEED A PUSH 2?

1. DO you own a Push 1? (if yes skip to #3, if no then proceed to step #2)

2. Yes you need a push 1 or 2 if you are an ableton user.

3.No , you do not need to buy a Push 2 unless your pockets of your pants are so heavy with money , your belt cant keep your pants up.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

I picked up push 2 on the sale just before Christmas and have to say im loving it. The thing I found with it is it makes me focus on the sound more and keeps my eyes away from the computer monitor, it gives ableton a very different feel when using it as opposed to clicking your way through a production with a mouse. I would imagine the workflow isn't for everyone, since using it mine has changed a lot and im starting to find and use techniques i would never of discovered if I hadn't bought one. It does have its little quirks but after using it for a few months im starting to feel more comfortable with it. I would check out some of the video reviews and the ableton demo vids to make an informed decision for yourself, its a lot of money to spend if you find out you don't like it

Tech Wizard

After hearing pretty much these exact responses from all other push users I could find I jumped on one. Thanks for the input guys...pretty stoked.

Quote Originally Posted by MUTEDSP3AKER View Post
    After hearing pretty much these exact responses from all other push users I could find I jumped on one. Thanks for the input guys...pretty stoked.
    well done ... i had no regrets with Push2 (had Push1 too)... also have maschine mkII running as VST plug in 16ch drumrack (sequenced & metered on Push2)... a great combination ...

I like Snafus response.

BUT - for live performance, the Launchpads are hard to beat. I used the MK1 for years, and loved it.

I suppose it boils down to what you'll use it for - performance, or production?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    I like Snafus response.

BUT - for live performance, the Launchpads are hard to beat. I used the MK1 for years, and loved it.

I suppose it boils down to what you'll use it for - performance, or production?
    Everything you can do with a Launchpad, you can do with the Push 2. I own both but consider getting rid of the Launchpad. On the other hand, it's very light and convenient to carry around as opposed to the Push, so might just keep it for that reason, to have a dedicated sequence controller.

i think you need a push 1 or 2 if you are an ableton user.

push 2 icw ableton 10 makes life a lot easier...so can you live without it ? yes .....would you live without it ? NO
    Allen & Heath DB4, Xone K2, 2x Native instrument D2
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud