Tips on recording mixes on the djm 900 nexus 2? through usb cable or record output?

Default Tips on recording mixes on the djm 900 nexus 2? through usb cable or record output?

Does anybody have any tips on recording mixes on the djm 900 nexus 2 mixer? Im looking at using audacity but not sure if its best to do it through a usb cable or the record output on the back, any tips or advice would be much appreciated, thank you

Tech Wizard

Audacity works fine. The big thing is to make sure your levels are good, then normalize after your done.

sent from a device with a keyboard that hates me, using a system of tubes rather than a highway full of dumptrucks
    I'm mostapha. I lost control of that acount and just decided to create another one.

Setup Thread

Yeah, either should be fine. The advantage to the USB is that you don't have to worry about the master level effecting your recording levels. I've used Audio Hijack as well as an external Zoom recorder, and there isn't that huge a difference.

Thru usb. You skip one da/ad conversion in comparison to rec out.

Tech Mentor

Definitely configure to record via USB and into a recorded channel in Ableton or something similar.
    Jackal Jyve // New York City // @JackalJyve // www.JackalJyve.com

I would record through USB as the NXS2 has a killer sound card which can record at the same settings of some professional recording gear.

Audacity should be fine as long as you have your settings nailed down. Haven't used audacity much but be sure to record with the right sample rate and bit depth that you want. Also check your NXS2 settings utility on your computer to manage your routing and recording level.