Faster USBs for CDJs

Default Faster USBs for CDJs

So recently i decided to buy a couple new USBs as im started to get booked more regularly. firstly, i read this article.
    http://djtechtools.com/2015/01/11/di...rives-for-djs/

and then i picked up 2 of these because they are very durable and has a faster transfer speed of 130mb/s
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...=REG&A=details

well, i may just be picky coming from instant loads on a controller, the load speed still seems too slow for my liking. so my question is, what speed is going to be noticably faster? also i noticed in the article that the advertised speeds were frequently closer to half of their actual performance speed.

i also think there could be a rekordbox setting i am missing. everytime i load a song with cue points, the player will quickly jump through all the cue points before letting me play from the beginning of the song

I use PNY USB 3.0 16GB sticks for Deejaying and don't have any issues man. My waveforms appear instantly and my playlist load time is always 5 seconds or less after pluggin the stick into a cdj2000nxs2. I learned over time that buying expensive thumb drives just weren't worth it and weren't giving me any advantage.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Mentor

These are the best USBs for DJing off Rekorbdox collection, from personal experience. They load the tracks extremely fast and the transfer speeds from Rekordbox software is very fast! They are at a great price as well.

SanDisk Extreme CZ80 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive // Amazon

Only downside is they have plastic housing and over time, the actual USB-C begins to bend a little bit. However, it doesn't effect the functionality.
    Jackal Jyve // New York City // @JackalJyve // www.JackalJyve.com

I have heard from reliable sources that the NXS2 gear loads songs a bit slower than NXS gear. It could improve over time with firmware fixes but don't quote me on that.

I will say that having faster USB drives do help when loading music from your laptop. I always carry 2 USB drives and one is slower at writing which can be a pain when you do last minute additions to your library.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastah Kyler View Post
    the load speed still seems too slow for my liking. so my question is, what speed is going to be noticably faster?
    As noted in the article, buying faster drives only helps when exporting songs to the drive, not when loading songs on the CDJ. CDJs use USB 2.0, which is plenty fast for playing four uncompressed 24bit/96kHz songs via Link from one drive.

If browsing is slow, make sure your songs are properly tagged. For example, if you have a compilation album, but each song is tagged with a different album artist, Rekordbox will create multiple album entries for the same album. It also depends on the hardware, browsing songs is much faster on my XDJ-1000MK1s than on the CDJ-2000NXS.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastah Kyler View Post
    i also think there could be a rekordbox setting i am missing. everytime i load a song with cue points, the player will quickly jump through all the cue points before letting me play from the beginning of the song
    This is normal for CDJs. There is a Hot Cue Auto Load setting under My Settings to disable this, but that means you have to manually load each hotcue you want to use. This is also why songs can take longer to load on the NXS2, because it supports more hotcues.
    Last edited by ErikMinekus; 03-21-2017 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikMinekus View Post
    This is normal for CDJs. There is a Hot Cue Auto Load setting under My Settings to disable this, but that means you have to manually load each hotcue you want to use. This is also why songs can take longer to load on the NXS2, because it supports more hotcues.
    What does one do to manually load each hot cue? Does it not load memory cues? I've also noticed I can't quickly switch memory cues and hit play instantly. Thanks for this information this was exactly what I was looking for

I believe you hold the call button and press the cue you want to load, check the manual. Memory cues can't be triggered instantly so there's no need to load them into memory.

Thank you so much! Definitely going to be digging through the manual for this. It's crazy how instant controllers can jump through cue points of 4 decks at once but these "top of the line media players" won't instantly play a memory cue when only playing 1 track. This gives me hope for the new denons