Thoughts on XDJ700s? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mastah Kyler View Post
    I want to practice on what I perform on which is almost always cdj2000 nx or nx2. I've performed on cdj850s once and it went much better than I had thought it was going to. I CAN mix decently without full wave forms but my goal as a DJ is to be somewhere between Yamato and DJ Juicy M. Fast 4 deck mixing and live remixing with loops and effects. I figure the xdj700s would be good because I can easily bring 1 or 2 to some of my gigs that only have 2 CDJs. I really want the denons but they aren't going to be in circulation for a while
    What it boils down to is, beatmatching is beatmatching no matter what equipment you are on. Look at Blackley, he uses Rekordbox for prep but never mixes visually. Whether you are on platters, jogs, touch strips, or pitch bend buttons.

There is so much talk in this thread over which equipment is better than which, blah blah blah. If you do not have the budget to purchase 4 CDJ2000NXS2's, you don't have to. Get 4 xdj700's or 1000's. Or even better, get 4 ATLP1240's, a 4 channel sound card, launchpad mini, and purchase rekordbox dj and use DVS.

It all depends on your budget.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Mentor

I want to practice on what I perform on which is almost always cdj2000 nx or nx2. I've performed on cdj850s once and it went much better than I had thought it was going to. I CAN mix decently without full wave forms but my goal as a DJ is to be somewhere between Yamato and DJ Juicy M. Fast 4 deck mixing and live remixing with loops and effects. I figure the xdj700s would be good because I can easily bring 1 or 2 to some of my gigs that only have 2 CDJs. I really want the denons but they aren't going to be in circulation for a while
    Well, if you're doing "fast" mixing and syncing, then the 900 or first gen 2000 isn't going to work for you. You're left with XDJ700 or used XDJ1000s. You might want to consider splurging for the XDJ1000mk2 since the mk1 (and the 700) had some processing limitations that resulted in sluggish hot cue stuff and couldn't do FLAC. If you'll be on NXS2 frequently, then mk2 might be the right direction. I can't imagine spending any amount on the 700. I'd rather search for used XDJ1000mk1s.

Tech Mentor

I personally think the XDJ-700s are the most undervalued and under-appreciated player in the standalone market. Although I wouldn't consider them for a main setup, I think having a pair of these players to bring to gigs with only 2-decks in the booth will dramatically increase your performance. You could easily fit two XDJ-700s in a smaller gig bag and set them up in a small DJ booth. Because they are so portable (and standalone w/ Rekordbox) the possibilities really become endless on how you can add this to a setup.

They're also a great addition to compliment an existing pair of CDJ-2000nxs because they have the touch QWERTY search, meaning you can find tracks more efficient/effective and put them in a Tag List to load up across any of the players.
    Jackal Jyve // New York City // @JackalJyve // www.JackalJyve.com

well its getting down to the point where im going to make a purchase. i was looking at a pair of used xdj1000s on ebay for $1400 but theres also a pair of cdj900nxs local for just a little bit more. im leaning towards the xdjs but what do you all think? this also kinnnnnda scares me

Quote Originally Posted by Reticuli View Post
    You might want to consider splurging for the XDJ1000mk2 since the mk1 (and the 700) had some processing limitations that resulted in sluggish hot cue stuff

I'm not sure what Reticuli means by "sluggish hot cue stuff", hot cues load and trigger at the same speed on my XDJ-1000 MK1s as on any other CDJ, and browsing tracks is actually much faster than on the CDJ-2000NXS. That said, if you can get the CDJ-900NXS for close to the same price, and you don't mind the worse screen and not having hot cues, I guess that's a good deal too.

Tech Mentor

well its getting down to the point where im going to make a purchase. i was looking at a pair of used xdj1000s on ebay for $1400 but theres also a pair of cdj900nxs local for just a little bit more. im leaning towards the xdjs but what do you all think? this also kinnnnnda scares me
    Would you rather have FLAC support or a digital out?

Quote Originally Posted by Reticuli View Post
    Would you rather have FLAC support or a digital out?
    neither are important to me. after watching both videos for xdj1000 and cdj900nxs, i will definitely be getting used xdj1000mk1

I personally like the XDJ700's platter for mixing because I like to use vinyl mode and just nudge the side, as opossed to touching the top of the platter. I find on the CDJ style platter I have a harder time finding the sides of the platter.

Some say there is a noticeable sound difference between the XDJ and CDJ series but I never noticed. I think most people go for the XDJ simply because the touch screen offers more functionality for digital DJs. For me, I use them to supplement my vinyl, so I am not familiar with the usefullness of the screen, but I do like the platter more.

Quote Originally Posted by slytown View Post
    I think most people go for the XDJ simply because the touch screen offers more functionality for digital DJs.
    i bought mine because they are the cheapest rekordbox players. i would still rather play on cdj2000nx2s even over the xdj1000mk2s. i like the touch screen but i dont like the touch screen. its fun in some aspects but nothing beats the response of a button

Tech Student

I've bought a pair of XDJ's a year ago since they are small and fit in my discobar. See Picture.
    But I'm stuck since I can't activate soft takeover. See my topic > soft takeover for Pioneer XDJ-700.

Discobar.jpeg

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast