CDJ 2000 Nexus can't update the latest firmware

Default CDJ 2000 Nexus can't update the latest firmware

Hi all, I am in desperate need of some advice after reading every piece of articles, threads and videos I can lay my hands on I am still in the same situation and none of the things I have read can help me.

I'm a full time working DJ and recently I took a residency over seas, so I am not using my usual setup. The club I am in uses CDJ 2000 Nexus & 900 Nexus Mixer (lovely equipment) but I normally run my A10 at home with no issues. As I was coming here I thought I would take advantage of the new equipment and use the CDJ's as sound cards so I bought the USB A-B cables and watched the instructions. It all seemed so easy but for the life of me I cannot update the firmware to 4.2 or higher.

Like I say I have watched/ read and re read every piece of information out there on this and still I get the same message "connect USB storage device into top USB port"

This is so frustrating as I am a week into the residency and I am having to use USB sticks and not getting the full potential of my sets.

If anyone can help I will be truly grateful.

Thanks in advance

Tommy

This may seem like a stupid question to you, but do you just have the USB-A/B cables plugged into the CDJs? If you want to update the firmware on the CDJs, you need to be plugging in a USB drive with the firm loaded up.

Which instructions did you watch? You don't need to connect USB cables, just put the firmware on a USB drive and plug it into the CDJ.

Hi, thank you for getting back to me.

Sorry maybe I wasn't clear I just explained that I had the cables ready to use when everything had been updated.

Yes I am aware that you put the update file on a USB stick an then insert into the USB port on the CDJ.

I am using the files;
    C2KDRIV.UPD
    C2KGUI.UPD
    C2KMAIN.UPD
    C2KPANL.UPD

(Downloaded from the Pioneer website and from the link on the DJ Tech Tools youtube video)

On a blank formatted (FAT) USB stick, they are the only things on the USB and not in a folder (as instructed on many threads and videos)

I have updated the software on both the CDJ's with the exact same method and it worked fine. This is why it is confusing me so much and no one seems to know the reason.

Once again thank you for the continued support.

Those files are for the CDJ-2000, the CDJ-2000NXS' latest firmware is 1.40 and it has only one file called C2KNXS.UPD.

Default Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by ErikMinekus View Post
    Those files are for the CDJ-2000, the CDJ-2000NXS' latest firmware is 1.40 and it has only one file called C2KNXS.UPD.
    Well don't I feel like a silly boy!

ErikMinekus thank you very much, you were 100% right. I have been to the club and setup and everything is working like a dream.

I am looking forward to my set even more tonight.

Thank you once again

Tommy :-)