Subwoofers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Subwoofers

Default Subwoofers

Has anyone ever used the Harbinger V2218S powered subwoofer. I need another sub for my set up so i don't have to push what I've got all the way to a clip light. This is for mobile gigs, max capacity of like 300 people. Ive got two EV 12 1000w tops (2 more but i don't usually use them)and one EV ELX118 700W sub. I can get another ELX118 to match or switch to this new V2218S system. The advantage to the switch is that the V2218S is that it is 1500w per sub(id get two). The disadvantage is obviously it doesn't match. Ive seen some of the original harbinger speakers and they're trash, but i got a chance to listen to the new sub and wow, i couldn't get it to clip in the store. The ELX118 cost around 500$ is like 550$ so price really isn't a thing.

What is your budget like? I personally haven't heard Harbinger gear before so I can't make an accurate comparison but I know a lot of people near me have been switching to Turbo Sound subs which sounds really nice and clean for their price range. I am currently looking at ordering an EV ETX18P to go along with my ZLX15Ps. Not many people near me run EVs but I really like them.

Im trying to budget under 800 if possible per sub. EV over looked constantly in my opinion. I was looking at the ETX18p over my ELX118 as well but I generally DJ at a club so id feel bad spending that much over a mobile set up that I'm only going to use maybe 2-3 times a month. As far as the Turbo Sounds system, how do they compare with say JBL, EV or QSC?

The Turbosound iQ18b fits that budget. I have heard them and they are really good for their price range in my opinion. They also have speaker modeling which I haven't gotten to try out yet. Basically you can set the on board DSP to emulate other sub cabinets. During an outdoor event I got stuck next to the drummers monitor which has the sub and the 15 inch top. I was praying for ear plugs after a couple of minutes.

Do not buy Harbringer

My friend is pushing the JBL EON 600 series since theyre more slim. I like that theyre slim but i feel like im still getting more from turbosound. As far as harbinger, yea out of the question now. Would you say that the turbosounds would take the win over the EON 600 series sub (EON618S-1000w class Damp)(Turbosounds-3000w class D amp). I just get the feeling Turbosound boasts 3000 yet is more like 1000 and can max out at 3000w. @pacific808
    Last edited by Djsoccerdance; 03-22-2017 at 03:22 PM. Reason: wasnt specific on who i was talking to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastah Kyler View Post
    Do not buy Harbringer
    Theyre just cheap or they dont sound good?

Quote Originally Posted by Djsoccerdance View Post
    Theyre just cheap or they dont sound good?
    Both

That Turbosound sub looks like the Mackie Thump sub. I haven't heard the Turbosound sub but the Mackie Thump sub is garbage.

Turbosound is now owned by Music Group which owns Behringer. This is why Turbosound is now so affordable. So I would be careful when buying they're products. It's a good idea to demo they're stuff in person.

Personally I like the Yorkville subs like the Yorkville PS15s. I also recommend the QSC KW181 subwoofer.

If you think the EV ELX118 sounds good then you have low expectations of subwoofers.

Yup Music Group is why Turbosound and Midas are now cheaper. The first sub I ever used was a JBL PRX718xlf and when I first heard the Turbosound sub I thought it outperformed the JBL by quite a bit. Then I was blown away when I found out the price of the Turbosound.

One of the larger PA companies in my area is the main supplier and so far I heard of only 1 of the iQ18s he sold came back for repair within the first 2 years of being used. If I wasn't purchasing a ETX sub I would more than likely be getting a Turbosound one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast