Pioneer XDJ-R1: Technical Support needed
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pioneer XDJ-R1: Technical Support needed

Hi Guys,

I am regulary working in that bar.

I work with my Pioneer XDJ-R1 which I connect to the Installation with 2 XLR-Cables.

We (Me and other DJ's working with Traktor Kontrols or some with CDJs) always had Distortion Problems during gigs untill the technicians realised that Main Mixers (behind the Bar) Pre-Amp was broke.
    Last Summer the Manager bought a new Main Mixer and replaced it.

Since then everything is working perfectly for all the other DJs except for me.

When I connect my XDJ-R1 there is a brumming Sound going over the Loudspeakers, it's not constantly , it Comes and goes. 2 weeks ago I made a full Night of Party with not 1 brumming noise, last Saturday it was a mess.

Manager thought it might be a grounding Problem of my gear.

So now my questions:

1. In General how can I find out what the Problem is?
    2. Does it mean my device has a grounding Problem maybe because of a broken ground in the power cord?
    3. Would grounding the whole device using the grounding screw and a wire that i plug directly to the ground on the socket be helpful?

Thanx in advance for your help.

sounds like it might be a bad cable.

Did you do the obvious like swap out the XLR cables? Swap inputs on the mixer? You want to isolate where the noise is coming from.
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

I would start by making sure it's not the controller. Plug the controller directly into a good speaker. Try 1 XLR at a time. Maybe give the connections a light jiggle to see if it could be something loose. Try playing audio from a different source on the same channel of the mixer too

Tech Guru

Are both the inputs and outputs balanced?

Are the XLR cables actually balanced cables?

Have you tried a ground lift, or DI with a ground lift?

Whats the length of the cable run?

All of these factors will introduce noise into a signal run.

Something that might cause random noise is if there a power cable running in line with an audio cable. make sure there's no power running in line or crossing with audio

Tech Wizard

Most likely a cable problem, but what ever you do dont run a cable from mixer to socket unless you wannabe fry your gear or die

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbigtoe View Post
    Most likely a cable problem, but what ever you do dont run a cable from mixer to socket unless you wannabe fry your gear or die
    Sockets over here have a grounding pin (230V / LNPE)

So more Details from me:

1. In the beginning I was connecting with a Cinch to XLR wire that I plugged into the Cinch Output of my R1, we had this brumming noise. That's why I bought brand new 5 meter Long XLR wires (I Need this distance as the XLR Pins to connect to the Installation are approx 4m away.

2. I connected my Mixer to other PAs using the same XLR and had no noises.
    3. I played from USB-Stick or using Virtual DJ from Laptop also no noise
    4. The XDJ-R1 Outputs are not balanced.
    5. Power and Audio Cables are maybe Close to eachother for Maximum 2cm lenght.

So you guys think it's not a grounding Problem???
    I already thought maybe the grounding of the mixer isn't guaranted because the crounding pin on the power socket is lose. That would at least explain why sometimes it's brumming and sometimes not.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Nawlins View Post
    So more Details from me:

1. In the beginning I was connecting with a Cinch to XLR wire that I plugged into the Cinch Output of my R1, we had this brumming noise. That's why I bought brand new 5 meter Long XLR wires (I Need this distance as the XLR Pins to connect to the Installation are approx 4m away.

2. I connected my Mixer to other PAs using the same XLR and had no noises.
    3. I played from USB-Stick or using Virtual DJ from Laptop also no noise
    4. The XDJ-R1 Outputs are not balanced.
    5. Power and Audio Cables are maybe Close to eachother for Maximum 2cm lenght.

So you guys think it's not a grounding Problem???
    I already thought maybe the grounding of the mixer isn't guaranted because the crounding pin on the power socket is lose. That would at least explain why sometimes it's brumming and sometimes not.
    Ouput 1 is balanced. Use balanced cables into a balanced input as your first test. The entire point of balancing is to reduce cross talk and electrical interference.

Otherwise try a couple of Ground Lift boxes.

https://www.soundcorp.com.au/art-cle...bNNhoCJezw_wcB

[QUOTE=ImNoDJ;756702]Ouput 1 is balanced. Use balanced cables into a balanced input as your first test. The entire point of balancing is to reduce cross talk and electrical interference.

Otherwise try a couple of Ground Lift boxes.

[url]https://www.soundcorp.com.au/art

My cables are balanced, just called the technical Support from the Music Shop I bought them from.

Does this box also work: https://www.thomann.de/gb/monacor_lsp_102.htm

Line Out of my XDJ-R1 into Input A+B
    ISO Out A1+B1 to the Installation (not really sure what the GND LIFT Switch is for)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast