Service kits
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Service kits

Tech Wizard

Default Service kits

Been looking into getting my djm 800 serviced, do any of you know if you can buy a service kit to do it yourself?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Tech Wizard

Anyone.?

What do you mean by "serviced?"
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Wizard

Well I brought my djm in January and it feels like it could do with a service, a standard service with gadget doctors is £100 and u get

Complete dissasembly of the unit, Total clean.
    Knobs and faders cleaned or replaced and tested 
    RCA Port Clean or replacement
    Lubrication of all moving parts
    Performance testing

They also cover electrical faults too unless it's down to the power boards etc.

So I was thinking I could strip it down and clean etc and wanted know if there was a service kit out there with things like knobs and faders, headphone port etc....
    Basically how you get a service kit for a car

It wont need servicing yet. Even if you're gigging most nights.

Better off spending your money on a Decksaver (or equivalent) at this stage, to keep the dust and other crap away from it when it's not in use.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    It wont need servicing yet. Even if you're gigging most nights.

Better off spending your money on a Decksaver (or equivalent) at this stage, to keep the dust and other crap away from it when it's not in use.
    I don't know the last time it was serviced mate as it's second hand....

Ah. The condition of the outside is usually a pretty good indicator of how it's been treated in the past. For some context - I bought a used DJM-850, and after 2 years I still haven't felt the need to get it serviced (it was immaculate, and in its original packaging, though).

I suppose it all comes down to whether or not you can afford it... £100/$100 is not a massive amount of money for some peace of mind...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Ah. The condition of the outside is usually a pretty good indicator of how it's been treated in the past. For some context - I bought a used DJM-850, and after 2 years I still haven't felt the need to get it serviced (it was immaculate, and in its original packaging, though).

I suppose it all comes down to whether or not you can afford it... £100/$100 is not a massive amount of money for some peace of mind...
    Agreed, I just didn't know if there were certain kits available for the service or if you have to buy individual components etc, because I would like to do it myself really

I would opt for a cleaning. If there is no visible or audible damage there is no reason to change out sliders, jacks or knobs.
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Wizard

The audio output on channels 3 and 4 sound really bad at the minute as though I have the trim right up so I was going clean/swap the rca ports to see if it makes a difference and also the headphones port if it's still temperamental after trying a new adapter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast