Routing Traktor's Effects to Ableton
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Routing Traktor's Effects to Ableton

hi all,

first post/question, after using the search button of course . is there any way to route traktor's effects to ableton without using traktor's decks?

thanks in advance

Tech Wizard

I'm not too sure about that. I've really been interested in routing Ableton's effects into Traktor. Live has such a more robust and customizable effects bank. I really like Live because of its compressors and other sound enhancing features, not just funky sounding effects.

But in terms of the other way around, someone else will have to help you out.
    13.3" Macbook Aluminum
    Novation Nio Audio Interface
    Novation Remote SL Zero
    M-Audio X-Session Pro
    Traktor Duo

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by JSanch View Post
    I'm not too sure about that. I've really been interested in routing Ableton's effects into Traktor. Live has such a more robust and customizable effects bank. I really like Live because of its compressors and other sound enhancing features, not just funky sounding effects.

But in terms of the other way around, someone else will have to help you out.
    i really like traktor's low/high pass filters. im not sure where to buy filters similar to those that's why i was looking for a way to route them into ableton and use them during djn gigs

Quote Originally Posted by Dj DoUg View Post
    hi all,

first post/question, after using the search button of course . is there any way to route traktor's effects to ableton without using traktor's decks?

thanks in advance
    Wait do you want to use traktors effects in ableton without running tracks in traktor? If you wanted to route effects into ableton for further processing you definitely could do that. As for the other scenario try setting the effects to send/return and use an internal audio routing application to run the FX loop through ableton and try it out.

I'm sure there would be some quality loss, but if you have a multichannel sound card you could always just use the sound card to route it. Assign an out to ableton, route it through an in assigned to one of the decks in tractor and then put another out to the out for traktor.
    Last edited by djlokifl; 12-05-2009 at 06:44 PM. Reason: spelling
    2 x Techinics 1200 mkIIs, SL1, Pioneer DJM-500, Novation Dicer, Stanton 680 carts, Acer Aspire 1410 11" Netbook
    ----------------------------------------------------

http://twitter.com/djlokifl

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Wait do you want to use traktors effects in ableton without running tracks in traktor? If you wanted to route effects into ableton for further processing you definitely could do that. As for the other scenario try setting the effects to send/return and use an internal audio routing application to run the FX loop through ableton and try it out.
    yes i was looking to use traktors effects in ableton. im still a bit lost though as far as set up for what i want to do is concerned. are there any tutorials on this?

thanks

have you tried either Tarekith or JJ's ableton DJ effects in live? look over at http://www.abletonlivedj.com/forum/ if you haven't heard of them.

been awhile since i used traktor but i think you could find something comparable and then not have to deal with the routing etc.
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

Quote Originally Posted by Dj DoUg View Post
    yes i was looking to use traktors effects in ableton. im still a bit lost though as far as set up for what i want to do is concerned. are there any tutorials on this?

thanks
    use a program like rewire to route the FX send/returns to ableton

http://emusician.com/mag/emusic_maki...ctions_rewire/

Alternatively you could do this with a soundcard and external connections.

i don't believe traktor works with rewire. like i mentioned its been a while since i've used it.

u could use jack or soundflower though.

Quote Originally Posted by JSanch View Post
    I've really been interested in routing Ableton's effects into Traktor.
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/04/0...-with-ableton/
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast