Richie Hawtin at Coachella 2017 Plays CLOSE "LIVE"

Default Richie Hawtin at Coachella 2017 Plays CLOSE "LIVE"

Richie Hawtin is being taunted as a genius for this performance at Coachella 2017.

If you read this article you would think he deserves a nobel prize:
    http://www.dancingastronaut.com/2017...achella-day-1/

I don't get it. All he did was bring his studio equipment on stage and just manipulate his track CLOSE by twisting knobs and altering the sequencer bits. What am I missing here?

And he does this massive knob twisting build up at the end here and it goes into nothing ....

Tech Guru

Nowhere in that article is he described as a genius. What are you actually trying to say here?

Nowhere did I say that article says he's a genius. The article suggests he's God though.

"simply put, none of them came close to the magnitude of the legendary Richie Hawtin’s unparalleled performance."

"the end result culminated in a phantasmagoria which transported spectators into an extraterrestrial realm, "

What I'm actually trying to say is that this is a bunch of bullshit.
    Last edited by loverocket; 04-18-2017 at 09:47 PM.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    Nowhere did I say that article says he's a genius. The article suggests he's God though.

"simply put, none of them came close to the magnitude of the legendary Richie Hawtin’s unparalleled performance."

"the end result culminated in a phantasmagoria which transported spectators into an extraterrestrial realm, "

What I'm actually trying to say is that this is a bunch of bullshit.
    Its a music review on a blog. Its not an authoritative opinion. Write your own blog saying its bullshit if you care enough.

Do you actually have a problem with the performance?

edit: Also, the article nowhere suggests he is God. You seem to be putting a lot of words in the writers mouth here
    Last edited by ImNoDJ; 04-19-2017 at 07:26 PM.

Hawtin hater. Lots of them everywhere. I just don't listen to his music. Not my style. Other than him pushing that speaker onto a woman, meh...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    Its a music review on a blog. Its not an authoritative opinion. Write your own blog saying its bullshit if you care enough.

Do you actually have a problem with the performance?
    no I thought the performance was spectacular.

pushing buttons and twisting knobs is an amazing performance. who cares what come out of the speakers. not important. it's how cool you look pushing buttons and twisting knobs.

I think Hawtin is fire. But Steve Aoki takes the cake.

Ole' !