Traktor Z2 + two x1s
    Tech Convert

Default Traktor Z2 + two x1s

Hi
    Is it possible for two x1 to run through the Traktor z2 mixer ?
    I was just wondering how the C & D volumes would work volume wise with there only been 2 volume faders on the z2 mixer.
    I know there is the c&d decks have the volume knobs would these work OK?

I would like to run 4 decks all as Track decks with looping ando effects the main use.

any ideas for this set up would be great thanks.

2 X1's will work fine plugged directly into the Z2. I have this exact set up.

The volume knobs will work for decks C&D. You dont have EQ adjustments for these decks though, only A&B.

Its intended more for use with decks C&D as remix decks but there is nothing stopping you from using 4 track decks (other than the EQ limitation).
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Tech Convert

thanks for that

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Since the X1 have dedicated FX controls I'd remap those four FX knobs on your Z2 to control EQ's for decks C and D.

D/W = High Adjust + Mid Adjust
    FX = Low Adjust

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Here you go: Kontrol Z2_EQ CD.zip

I also remapped "FX ON" buttons so they are now Monitor Cue for decks C and D because those are part of the shift layer in default mapping.

Tech Mentor

I always figured that Native Instruments would release a 4-channel version of the Z2 and keep up with the industry standard of controlling 4 decks digitally... I wish they would drop something like this!
    Jackal Jyve // New York City // @JackalJyve // www.JackalJyve.com

Quote Originally Posted by JackalJyve View Post
    I always figured that Native Instruments would release a 4-channel version of the Z2 and keep up with the industry standard of controlling 4 decks digitally... I wish they would drop something like this!
    Just get a 4-ch TSP certified club mixer from any good manufacturer and pair it with a X1, F1 etc controller. That is also the reason why you won't see a 4ch version of Z2 - it brings nothing to the table.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Just get a 4-ch TSP certified club mixer from any good manufacturer and pair it with a X1, F1 etc controller. That is also the reason why you won't see a 4ch version of Z2 - it brings nothing to the table.
    The thing is a 4-channel TSP certified club mixer from any good manufacturer is going to run much more than if NI designed one for this market in mind --- it would be much more cost effective. On top of that, you'd have to buy the license for TSP!

Quote Originally Posted by JackalJyve View Post
    The thing is a 4-channel TSP certified club mixer from any good manufacturer is going to run much more than if NI designed one for this market in mind --- it would be much more cost effective. On top of that, you'd have to buy the license for TSP!
    On some pieces of equipment you shouldn't try to save a few bucks. If you bought a DJM-600 15 years ago you can still use it as a central part of your setup no matter what kind media you use (vinyl or digital) thanks to it's build quality and the most guarded secret in the world of DJ-ing: DJ mixers have changed very little in the past 15-20 years.
    Remember when Z2 was released - by the end of the year there was a flood of them on the second-hand market, including here on DJTT. Not saying it's not a good choice for some people even today, but almost every single of it's advantages you would not get with a Z4 and that includes the price (because z4 would have to have a much higer retail price, much closer to it's competitors then Z2 did).

I think NI did their math, understood that it not worth for them trying to run with the big boys and then released the D2 (under the motto: "if you can't beat them - join them").
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    On some pieces of equipment you shouldn't try to save a few bucks. If you bought a DJM-600 15 years ago you can still use it as a central part of your setup no matter what kind media you use (vinyl or digital) thanks to it's build quality and the most guarded secret in the world of DJ-ing: DJ mixers have changed very little in the past 15-20 years.
    Remember when Z2 was released - by the end of the year there was a flood of them on the second-hand market, including here on DJTT. Not saying it's not a good choice for some people even today, but almost every single of it's advantages you would not get with a Z4 and that includes the price (because z4 would have to have a much higer retail price, much closer to it's competitors then Z2 did).

I think NI did their math, understood that it not worth for them trying to run with the big boys and then released the D2 (under the motto: "if you can't beat them - join them").
    I definitely agree -- I have a DJM-50 that I bought a few years back that has been an absolute powerhouse for me, it's extremely reliable and works seamlessly with TSP/Serato