Cueplay Help

Thread: Cueplay Help

Tech Convert

Default Cueplay Help

So recently ive been so enveloped in cueplay and redbull 3style type sets, and even though I am new to the scene, I want a try at some tricks but still put it in a mix and make it smooth. What I am looking at now is a cueplay in the Jackson 5's: I want you back when the lead singer goes, "a bum bum bum bum" but I change the cues so it sounds like "The Next Episode" By Dr.Dre and Snoop dogg. And for this one I saw the jackson 5 because of DJ You-Ki's set for 3style, even though he did different songs, I feel bad for copying it. So, when you think of a cueplay, how do you find songs to match the cues. Is it random, or am I missing something really important. My music selection isn't huge but I still really want to make this cue play, "my own."

You'll start having your own ideas AFTER you've copied the hell out of everyone that inspires you.

There is NO SHAME in copying, or straight RIPPING OFF your inspirations for the purpose of learning and practicing.

But, under no circumstances, are you to include someone else's routine in your own set - UNLESS it is very obvious that you are paying homage, and not straight biting their work.

To answer your question - YES - it is random. You'll be listening to a song (probably away from your gear), or even just singing to yourself or thinking about music, and you'll notice a note, or a couple of notes, or a sound, or a vocal sample, that "reminds" you of another track. Write it down, DON'T try to remember (you'll forget). Then, you go home, start pitching that sample/note, and attempt to create your routine based on YOUR original idea.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    You'll start having your own ideas AFTER you've copied the hell out of everyone that inspires you.

There is NO SHAME in copying, or straight RIPPING OFF your inspirations for the purpose of learning and practicing.

But, under no circumstances, are you to include someone else's routine in your own set - UNLESS it is very obvious that you are paying homage, and not straight biting their work.

To answer your question - YES - it is random. You'll be listening to a song (probably away from your gear), or even just singing to yourself or thinking about music, and you'll notice a note, or a couple of notes, or a sound, or a vocal sample, that "reminds" you of another track. Write it down, DON'T try to remember (you'll forget). Then, you go home, start pitching that sample/note, and attempt to create your routine based on YOUR original idea.
    Ok thank you, I was really thinking I was missing something but no, its just time. Also, thank you for clearing the using ideas, I was hit with this copypasta yesterday,

"I thought using loops was cheating, so I programmed my own using samples. I then thought using samples was cheating, so I recorded real drums. I then thought that programming it was cheating, so I learned to play drums for real. I then thought using bought drums was cheating, so I learned to make my own. I then thought using premade skins was cheating, so I killed a goat and skinned it. I then thought that that was cheating too, so I grew my own goat from a baby goat. I also think that is cheating, but I’m not sure where to go from here. I haven’t made any music lately, what with the goat farming and all."

Thank you for your response.