Mixing an Accapella in a hype edm set.
    Tech Convert

Default Mixing an Accapella in a hype edm set.

Hey guys, I want to use an acapella as a transition in my edm set, but the issue is, when i want to use the accapella as a transition, it kills the edm vibe as the acapella has to roll on for a bit on its own until I start the next song. Any ideas or recommendations as to what to do so i keep the hype going with no beat, I only have two decks so I can't keep it running either.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by Rebornn View Post
    Hey guys, I want to use an acapella as a transition in my edm set, but the issue is, when i want to use the accapella as a transition, it kills the edm vibe as the acapella has to roll on for a bit on its own until I start the next song. Any ideas or recommendations as to what to do so i keep the hype going with no beat, I only have two decks so I can't keep it running either.
    A) Create a new version of the Acapella intro with a backing track in Ableton or similar and use that as your intro rather than trying to mix it live.

B) Mix faster so you can get some snares layered over your Acapella track really fast to build momentum

C) Filter out track A, during a breakdown to nothing and start to mix in track B to something with a nice build.

D) Kill the music and lights completely and "reboot" the night with the Acapella / EDM intro - e.g. blackout the room for 10 - 15 seconds completely, start the Acapella in the darkness and strobe the fcuk out of the place on the first kick*

*Requires the use of minimal lighting until that point in time for best effect
    Last edited by deevey; 04-24-2017 at 11:04 PM.

find a nice loop of the backing track

Quote Originally Posted by Mastah Kyler View Post
    find a nice loop of the backing track
    This.Or loop the intro/outro of either track you're bridging.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Tech Convert

That would work, but I need to keep the accapella silent for a section, I am using the accapella as a transition in my set, thats the issue.

Just make your own edit and leave a bit of silence. It shouldn't be that hard.