On Line Dj Streaming

Default On Line Dj Streaming

Hi All,

Just wanted to check if anyone's doing video streaming online and on what platforms? I want to give it a try and would like to find out what are the popular services and platforms out here that people use.

Wirecast with Youtube Live. Best way to go.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

This is a really interesting topic - I'd be interested to learn how DJ's get their live streams publicised and attract audiences.

Tech Wizard

There are a bunch of websites that you can host streaming radio.

Once you have an online radio show, there are tons of sites to submit to their listings.

I have a gig once a month where I play for 2 hours on an established online radio station.

There are tons of options.

Tech Mentor

open broadcaster software (obs) is the most popular, and is free to download and use.

I stream on www.chew.tv as that is legal to stream.

i never bothered updating mixcloud, but chew has the feature to auto convert the stream to audio and put on mixcloud and also put a copy on dropbox.

i think YouTube kick djs off for copyrights, and fb have restrictions too. think you have to make sure it is deleted once your stream has finished. fb downgrades audio to mono.
    Last edited by djrickdawson; 05-09-2017 at 01:47 PM.

Interesting replies. I have had a look at chew.tv, it seems a bit tricky to get up and running, maybe I'm a simple Simon, but I'll definitely give it another shot as it seems to be the most affordable. I'd probably want to dable with wirecast and Youtube if this venture turned into an income. As for mixcloud, I actually still upload there, who knows what can come of it. However from what I have picked up, you need to spend quite a bit of money to make any sort of noise on it, pardon the pun. Also I sort of get the feeling mixcloud isn't something that regular people use to find Dj mixes, I think people still refer to SoundCloud or Youtube. I thought it would have picked up once it got to Apple TV but nope I guess. I may be wrong or only in my country.