Beatport Pre-Order Tracks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1

    Default Beatport Pre-Order Tracks

    So Beatport is releasing pre-order early released tracks. The buy icon is usually orange instead of green and you can put them in your shopping cart and buy them but you can't download them till after the release date.

    Headache #1 : You can't put them in your hold bin. So let's say I have 20 tracks to purchase and 10 of them are presale. I have to buy them all or I have to delete the pre-order tracks (tip: Take a screenshot and go back later and search for them and put them back in your shopping cart again)

    Headache #2
    Some of the "presale" tracks are already available. Just search for them and boom ! there they are. Ready to buy and download right now.

    For example:

    Not presale :
    http://classic.beatport.com/track/jo...ub-mix/9143660

    pre-order only:

    http://classic.beatport.com/track/my...-remix/9288009

    What is up Beatport? You suck.

  2. #2
    Tech Guru astromech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,745

    Default

    The whole concept is stupid.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

  3. #3
    Tech Guru the_bastet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    2,764

    Default

    It's great for promo (You can post your purchase links ahead of time), but is a headache from the buyer standpoint. Go to genre, choose tracks, then select "today" in order to get only purchasable releases that came out today (Last 7 Days, Last Month, etc. to go further back).
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

  4. #4
    Tech Guru astromech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    It's great for promo (You can post your purchase links ahead of time), but is a headache from the buyer standpoint. Go to genre, choose tracks, then select "today" in order to get only purchasable releases that came out today (Last 7 Days, Last Month, etc. to go further back).
    Just release the track and start making money. Preordering in the digital realm is completely pointless for users, and greedy for labels. I've hated it in the games industry for ages, and now I hate it in the music industry. At least in games there's an argument that theres lag between the time a game is feature complete and when it's ready... that's time you can get people preordering. It doesn't take a month to get a track ready for release.

    Utter waste of time.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

  5. #5
    Tech Guru the_bastet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    2,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by happydan View Post
    Just release the track and start making money. Preordering in the digital realm is completely pointless for users, and greedy for labels. I've hated it in the games industry for ages, and now I hate it in the music industry. At least in games there's an argument that theres lag between the time a game is feature complete and when it's ready... that's time you can get people preordering. It doesn't take a month to get a track ready for release.

    Utter waste of time.
    We've seen an uptick in sales since pre-orders became available on Beatport and Amazon. The average user builds a cart over a few days then checks out all at once rather than checking out every day.

    Again, I see the consumer frustration, but it works going both ways.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    We've seen an uptick in sales since pre-orders became available on Beatport and Amazon. The average user builds a cart over a few days then checks out all at once rather than checking out every day.

    Again, I see the consumer frustration, but it works going both ways.
    How does that make sense?

    If I have a gig this weekend and the tracks in my cart are not available till after the gig why would I buy them?

    I'm sure a lot of people delete them and only purchase the available tracks. Then they might never go back in and buy them. The anti-hold bin feature is just bullshit.

    Like I said I take a screenshot and then try to go back and find them again. But so far I have yet to even do that because in the meantime I've found a bunch of other great tracks. And having to look up screenshots and search is rather cumbersome.

  7. #7
    Tech Guru the_bastet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    2,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    How does that make sense?

    If I have a gig this weekend and the tracks in my cart are not available till after the gig why would I buy them?

    I'm sure a lot of people delete them and only purchase the available tracks. Then they might never go back in and buy them. The anti-hold bin feature is just bullshit.

    Like I said I take a screenshot and then try to go back and find them again. But so far I have yet to even do that because in the meantime I've found a bunch of other great tracks. And having to look up screenshots and search is rather cumbersome.
    We open pre-rders on Saturday or Monday before a Friday release. The average beatport user checks out on Friday.

    If you want to avoid the pre-order issues,
    - Genres
    -- Preferred Genre
    --- Tracks
    ---- Release Date
    ----- Last 7 Days

    Now pre-orders will not show up in the list.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

  8. #8

    Default

    what's the anti-hold for?

    Why can't I hold them in my hold bin till they are released?

    And can you please talk to someone there and ask them to create a mobile version that works?

    Traxsource just released a nice mobile version that works well.

    Thanks brother. Just trying to give some feedback.

  9. #9

    Default

    plus it feels like you are punking the buyer.

    here's another pre-order "album only" not available till 06-16-2017. For $21.99:

    http://classic.beatport.com/track/li...mk-dub/9318156

    and surprise it was actually released 2 months ago on 03-17-2017 and available for purchase today. And for $1.49:

    http://classic.beatport.com/track/li...mk-dub/9055612

  10. #10

    Default

    So it's Friday and I have a gig tomorrow and my pre-order track is making me wait till June 6th.

    Am I the only one that is bothered by this?

    http://classic.beatport.com/track/ni...al-mix/9357484

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •