Traktor Scratch Pro 2 Won't Start Up
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor Scratch Pro 2 Won't Start Up

I just got a new computer running windows 10, and installed traktor scratch pro 2 on it with drivers for my S8.
    Traktor won't open though, when I click the executable, my processor whirs and the task shows up in task manger, but no window appears. Also its 50/50 whether task manger will be able to end the process without reboot.
    I sent a message to NI, but Ive heard support can be slow going, so I figured Id post my ticket number and issue here, as this issue has become quite urgent for me.
    request #:1199685

Here are some general specs on the new computer:
    OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.15063 Build 15063
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Manufacturer LENOVO
    System Model 30AV000BUS
    System Type x64-based PC
    System SKU LENOVO_MT_30AV_BU_LENOVO_FM_ThinkStation P310
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date LENOVO FWKT6BA, 2017-03-02
    SMBIOS Version 3.0
    Embedded Controller Version 1.22
    BIOS Mode UEFI
    BaseBoard Manufacturer LENOVO

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Is it latest version of Traktor? And have you tried to roll back to previous versions?

Default 2.11

It is the newest version of traktor scratch pro 2, I believe that's 2.11. I only just registered my S8 and sold my old machine, so I don't know how to legally access an older version.

Is the laptop up to date with Creator's Update version of Windows 10? Some software has had issues with it (though I don't know if Traktor is one of them).
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by upperlevel View Post
    It is the newest version of traktor scratch pro 2, I believe that's 2.11. I only just registered my S8 and sold my old machine, so I don't know how to legally access an older version.
    If you haven't unregister you can still log in to your NI account and download a copy of Traktor from there.
    This is how you do it: http://djtechtools.com/2015/01/28/pr...-to-roll-back/

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    If you haven't unregister you can still log in to your NI account and download a copy of Traktor from there.
    So here's an updated list of everything I've tried so far:
    Re-installed Traktor
    Run in compatibility mode, windows 7 and 8
    Tried running without any unnecessary software running (Anti-virus etc.)
    Rolled back to both 2.10 versions ( not sure if its valuable to go much older for compatibility with widnows 10
    Re-installed windows 10 at great effort

Still not seeing any difference. Traktor will start up once in a while, but only after about half an hour. I also have trouble terminating the process, I require a reboot every time I want to terminate it when it doesn't start up, if the Traktor window does appear however, then closing the program normally works to end the process as expected.
    I also experienced my first crash while trying to analyze about 3000 tracks , and I have that crash log

The things I'm still yet to try are:
    Rolling back windows 10 versions (though Im not currently sure how to do that)
    Setting up a dual boot with windows 7 (though I can only find tutorials for dual booting 10 off of 7 and not the other way around)

Any suggestions?

Tech Guru

So here's an updated list of everything I've tried so far:
    Re-installed Traktor
    Run in compatibility mode, windows 7 and 8
    Tried running without any unnecessary software running (Anti-virus etc.)
    Rolled back to both 2.10 versions ( not sure if its valuable to go much older for compatibility with widnows 10
    Re-installed windows 10 at great effort

Still not seeing any difference. Traktor will start up once in a while, but only after about half an hour. I also have trouble terminating the process, I require a reboot every time I want to terminate it when it doesn't start up, if the Traktor window does appear however, then closing the program normally works to end the process as expected.
    I also experienced my first crash while trying to analyze about 3000 tracks , and I have that crash log

The things I'm still yet to try are:
    Rolling back windows 10 versions (though Im not currently sure how to do that)
    Setting up a dual boot with windows 7 (though I can only find tutorials for dual booting 10 off of 7 and not the other way around)

Any suggestions?

This has nothing to do with Win10, or Creators Update. Youre not achieving anything by rolling back or reinstalling windows. Unless youve done a full format and factory install, its not getting rid of anything that would cause the issue.

Is Traktor Pro and the S8 registered in Service Center on your computer?

Make a new user account on Windows, log into that and try to run Traktor. In my experience this often proves that there is a user preference or registry issue, and NIs coding is absolutely shit for this because of their licencing method.

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    This has nothing to do with Win10, or Creators Update. Youre not achieving anything by rolling back or reinstalling windows. Unless youve done a full format and factory install, its not getting rid of anything that would cause the issue.

Is Traktor Pro and the S8 registered in Service Center on your computer?

Make a new user account on Windows, log into that and try to run Traktor. In my experience this often proves that there is a user preference or registry issue, and NIs coding is absolutely shit for this because of their licencing method.
    I did install windows 10 fresh, and nothing changed.
    Traktor is registered and activated witht he service center, but it had the same problem before it was registered as well.
    I tried making a test account, and opening traktor from that account showed no different results.
    Do I have to uninstall traktor with the registry tool and install it from the other account?
    NI support has stopped responding to me :/

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    You generally require the latest version of Traktor for recent hardware.

Tech Guru

I did install windows 10 fresh, and nothing changed.
    Traktor is registered and activated witht he service center, but it had the same problem before it was registered as well.
    I tried making a test account, and opening traktor from that account showed no different results.
    Do I have to uninstall traktor with the registry tool and install it from the other account?
    NI support has stopped responding to me :/
    When you say fresh install, do you literally mean formatting the hard disk and installing from USB, or just using Windows own internal restore/refresh process?

At this point I would:

Test if Traktor starts up correctly without the s8 plugged in.
    Test the S8 on another computer
    Go to the Services control panel and verify that both NIHardwareService, and NIHostIntegrationAgent are running. Ive had problems with these in the past.

Im running creators update and have no problems with Traktor, but Im also not running the s8.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast