Monitor Setup

Thread: Monitor Setup

Tech Mentor

Default Monitor Setup

Hey guys, so Ive just got my VCIse and an Audio 2 DJ, so for xmas im looking to get some KRK RP6/8's. What connectors would I need to connect the TWO monitors to ONE of the output channels of the Audio 2 without losing too much quality?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by giorgio1712 View Post
    Hey guys, so Ive just got my VCIse and an Audio 2 DJ, so for xmas im looking to get some KRK RP6/8's. What connectors would I need to connect the TWO monitors to ONE of the output channels of the Audio 2 without losing too much quality?

Cheers
    What kind of out puts are on the Audio 2? If its RC connections then you just need wires that are 1/4" on one end and RCA on the other end. Or get some female RCA to 1/4" male adapters... again I am not sureof the connections on the audio 2...

EDIT: "Two included RCA break-out cables make set-up fast and convenient" That is from NI's description of the Audio 2. So follow what i said and get the adapters... you can run to Radio Shack to get those.
    Last edited by LanceBlaise; 12-06-2009 at 11:20 AM.

Tech Mentor

So I would use the splitter to split the 1/4" jack to 2 RCA's and have one going to the left speaker and the other to the right like this?

Excuse the rubishness of the pic!

I have a simillar question but don`t want to open a new thread.Sorry for the little hijack man.

So,two pioneer speakers (120W) and denon amplifier.How do i connect those to the vci?What cables do i need?And do i connect them directly to the vci or i can plug them in the laptop?

Leave some feedback please.Thanks.

@ giorgio yup thats right, those speakers are powered and can take 1 RCA each, or XLR's if you go via an amp.
    @ shogg the vci don't have a inbuilt soundcard innit, so you'll need to run into your amp from your soundcard.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

If your monitors have 1/4 jack and your sound card has 2 RCA (red white) or a smaller 1/8 jack then a simple converter is enough. You won't loose audio quality at home.

1/4 jacks are balanced connections, which is a system for handling radio or electrical interferences. But that usually happens with long cables, and it can even happen with balanced connections. Damn I had a studio with everything balanced in Barcelona where I could hear the radio of all the taxis that passed near...

RCA and 1/8 jacks are unbalanced, but at home it's really ok to have balanced to unbalanced. On bigger systems I wouldn't recommend it...

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    @ giorgio yup thats right, those speakers are powered and can take 1 RCA each
    they have 1/4" or XLR not RCA... thus why he would need the adapters or a set of wires with RCA on one side and 1/4" on the other...

Tech Mentor

I think Jesters right Lance, they have a single RCA on each a 1/4" and an XLR......from the KRK website

"Input: XLR (3-pin), RCA & 1/4" TRS - 10k Ohm, Balanced / Unbalanced"

oopsy.. I was thinking of the VXT series which we have in one of our studios... VXT6's... I didn't realize he was speaking of a different model. my bad then.