Upgrade kit: plates? overlay?
    Tech Mentor

Default Upgrade kit: plates? overlay?

Soon will be available the VCI upgrade kit....
    Will be plates or overlay?

In a post Ean wrote that will be overlay, but in this pool (http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=420), plates win!
    Why?

Thanks.

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

I was a little dissapointed when I saw that the plates were not going to happen but now I know what the overlays are I can see why Ean chose them.
    These things will be tougher than plates, and allow people to easily achieve the look of the SE. They are a whole different story to those shitty overlays from that website!

Nope overlays won- but they are super high quality and actually better than the plates. The entire vci-100 will look a lot slicker and integrated. Not to mention a complete graphics and color change. they should be ready in about 3-4 weeks.

+ plates are more expensive than the overlays- vestax wanted to charge an obsense amount of money for oem plates.

+ the overlays will come with matching aluminum touch plates for the jog wheels

sorry, I know its been a while but manufacturing takes friggin forever.

Will there be a way to customize them? Or get blank ones, so we can label them ourselves? I'm not using the SE, but a selfmade completely customized version, and that would be pretty interesting. And I think I'm not the only one.

yes I like the blank concept and am trying to figure out the best way to do it. I will post a new topic that discusses this.

Tech Wizard

Hey everyone -

I have just purchased the upgrade kit and jog grips and I'm very excited that my essentially useless vci-100 will soon be the machine i thought i was buying in the first place! What I'm wondering is if anyone knows how I get the overlays for the new functionality. I didn't see an option for that anywhere in the store. Any help on this would be wonderful!

thanks in advance,
    ribs

Ribs:

As Ean stated earlier this week, overlays should probably be on his hands sometime next week... He will post more information as soon as he gets them.
    DJTechTools - The Best Online Digital DJ Resource!
    Gear: December 2010 or 1st Quarter 2011
    Music: 80s, 90s, Old School Freestyle, Club/Dance, Hip-Hop/R&B, House/Tribal, Chillout/Lounge, Latin

Tech Wizard

Thanks Julio .. I read a little about that but I guess I missed that part :P

No prob.. We are all eager (desperate? lol) for these as well.
    DJTechTools - The Best Online Digital DJ Resource!
    Gear: December 2010 or 1st Quarter 2011
    Music: 80s, 90s, Old School Freestyle, Club/Dance, Hip-Hop/R&B, House/Tribal, Chillout/Lounge, Latin