Midifighter and Push together?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Midifighter and Push together?

First post ever guys.
    Just got an ableton push 2 and I'm looking around the internet to eventually pick up a midifighter pro off or someone and wanted to use these together for performing. Was wondering if integration between the push and the MFPro is something possible?
    Thanks DJTT tribe

yes. what program do you plan on using them with?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Mastah Kyler View Post
    yes. what program do you plan on using them with?
    I don't know, I'm new to digital djing so I assumed just performing out of ableton unless you have some light to shed on me?
    I plan on having them both routed through a djm to my lap top and maybe even taking advantage of my mixers FXs as well

well you have many options, you can pretty much use as many midi controllers as your laptop will allow. mapping is incredibly easy.

Tech Convert

well you have many options, you can pretty much use as many midi controllers as your laptop will allow. mapping is incredibly easy.
    For sure i figured.
    Well if i wanted to use the push/fighterpro combo, would u recommend ableton as the performing software? If i did go this route would I just have to map the MFpro to ableton live on my own or how would I be able to use both push and MFpro at the same time? Sorry for all the questions.

strongly depends on how/your style of dj/live sets you want to do. you can do a full ableton live set or if you still wanted to use CDJ, you can use CDJs in Traktor HID mode and then use ableton link to sync or masterclock the 2 apps together. ableton mapping is as simple as plugging your device, clicking the function you want mapped, then pushing the button you want that function mapped to. i dont believe you will even have to tell ableton the difference in devices. im almost positive most midi controller are plug n play with ableton

Tech Convert

strongly depends on how/your style of dj/live sets you want to do. you can do a full ableton live set or if you still wanted to use CDJ, you can use CDJs in Traktor HID mode and then use ableton link to sync or masterclock the 2 apps together. ableton mapping is as simple as plugging your device, clicking the function you want mapped, then pushing the button you want that function mapped to. i dont believe you will even have to tell ableton the difference in devices. im almost positive most midi controller are plug n play with ableton
    totally understand where youre coming from on the ableton side of things. What I am wondering(i think) is like how will the MFpro connect to both cause, correct me if im wrong, doesnt the MFpro come with its own mapping at first or something like that??

again thank you for alll the content

Tech Convert

like in this video for example of the fighters in action, i wanted do some similar style but instead of two fighters like this dude has, one would be a fighter and one would be my push

Push = Production type Pads
    MF = Performance type Pads

If you need more performance pads than one MF has, get more performance pads (either another MF, or an MPD type pad controller).
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by ghostcoast View Post
    totally understand where youre coming from on the ableton side of things. What I am wondering(i think) is like how will the MFpro connect to both cause, correct me if im wrong, doesnt the MFpro come with its own mapping at first or something like that??

again thank you for alll the content
    The MF is a blank slate of midi controls in ableton, however you can download mapping for it in ableton.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast