"Saving Background Tasks" freeze, back from the past on Traktor 2.11.0
    Tech Convert

Default "Flushing Background Tasks" freeze, back from the past on Traktor 2.11.0

Hello folks,

I thought that the dreadful bug that caused a Traktor freeze upon closing the program and making you lose all of the current session's work (tagging, creating playlists, etc.) was long gone. Sadly, this horrible issue started showing up again intermittently since a couple of weeks ago. It happens roughly about 20 - 30% of the time for me now. It has gotten to the point where I have to cross my fingers every time I quit Traktor. This, of course, is unacceptable. I will try the apparent solution that was posted way back when, but am a bit skeptic as the problem should have apparently been resolved by now via de current updates. I'd very much appreciate it if someone could share their experiences with this problem and any insights as to how to get rid of it for good. Cheers!

Traktor Pro 2.11.0, Mac OS El Capitan 10.11.6, MacBook Pro (Retina, mid 2012)
    Last edited by DJDL; 06-14-2017 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Title is misleading "Flushing" is the right word

Tech Student

Default flushing background tasks

Quote Originally Posted by DJDL View Post
    Hello folks,

I thought that the dreadful bug that caused a Traktor freeze upon closing the program and making you lose all of the current session's work (tagging, creating playlists, etc.) was long gone. Sadly, this horrible issue started showing up again intermittently since a couple of weeks ago. It happens roughly about 20 - 30% of the time for me now. It has gotten to the point where I have to cross my fingers every time I quit Traktor. This, of course, is unacceptable. I will try the apparent solution that was posted way back when, but am a bit skeptic as the problem should have apparently been resolved by now via de current updates. I'd very much appreciate it if someone could share their experiences with this problem and any insights as to how to get rid of it for good. Cheers!

Traktor Pro 2.11.0, Mac OS El Capitan 10.11.6, MacBook Pro (Retina, mid 2012)
    Happend to me yesterday after long time. So disappointed!

What a bummer. Here is what i do to anticipate the next crash:

Left click on the main browser node and select 'save collection' or 'export collection'. with the last one, you have to reimport the collection after restart. this should save tagging, hotcues etc.
    To save playlists and favorites, open preferences and hit the big export button on the bottom. there you have the option to export several settings (especially favorites, preferences, miscellaneous ...) to a .tsi file which you can reimport after a crash.

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by Sulherokhh View Post
    What a bummer. Here is what i do to anticipate the next crash:

Left click on the main browser node and select 'save collection' or 'export collection'. with the last one, you have to reimport the collection after restart. this should save tagging, hotcues etc.
    To save playlists and favorites, open preferences and hit the big export button on the bottom. there you have the option to export several settings (especially favorites, preferences, miscellaneous ...) to a .tsi file which you can reimport after a crash.
    Yes, but that's a workaround. Native should find a solution to the problem!

That goes without saying.