CDJs, Laptop Djing with Rekordbox Performance and B2B sets with Serato

Default CDJs, Laptop Djing with Rekordbox Performance and B2B sets with Serato

Hey guys,

I have an XDJRX and am trying to learn to DJ with a laptop more as the sets I play are long and require fast mixing and a wide variety of music.

I have some questions in regards to setting up on CDJS with my laptop in a club and how things work with B2B sets, particularly if the other DJ is using Serato.

1. Do I need anything like a serato box to set up with Rekordbox performance on 2x CDJs + DJM2000/DJM 900 Mixer? Do I just take 2 USB B cables and plug them in? I'm really confused as to how it works off the bat.

2. If the other DJ is using Serato and I am using Rekordbox, does going B2B still work or are there any issues from this?

3. Which mode of Rekordbox performance is best, is HID the standard?

4. Do all effects still work directly through the mixer with Rekordbox performance? With my XDJRX they are sort of out of sync.

Thank you very much

Just plug your laptop (via ethernet) into the switch that the c/xdj's are connected to at the venue and use link mode
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    Just plug your laptop (via ethernet) into the switch that the c/xdj's are connected to at the venue and use link mode
    It's literally that simple? no USB B, no box etc. needed? What 'switch' do you mean? The mixer? Am I being stupid in thinking that both cdjs ethernet ports will be in use for link. C

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M Dog View Post
    It's literally that simple? no USB B, no box etc. needed? What 'switch' do you mean? The mixer? Am I being stupid in thinking that both cdjs ethernet ports will be in use for link. C

Thanks
    The network switch. Itll be the little box that all the ethernet cables from the C/XDJ's are plugged into.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6