Thinking about upgrading my laptop.. some advise would be nice

Default Thinking about upgrading my laptop.. some advise would be nice

Hey Guys,

not been on the forum for years, hope your all well....anyways

Im thinking of upgrading my laptop to the latest Macbook pro with retina 13''

I run a pair of midifighter classics and use vinyl timecode also

I am currently running my setup with a 2008 macbook an audio 10 and traktor scratch pro ver 2.1.2

just looking for some advice from the guys that run the same kind of set up on the latest macbook pro,
    like what version of traktor to use and drivers etc and if there is any problems i should be aware of

I've always used macs so i'm not interested in running a pc laptop..haha

Thanks.

Allen & Heath DB4, Xone K2, 2x Native instrument D2
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

There are no problems with the latest MacBooks and that hardware, I spent 18 euros on a couple of adapters and haven't looked back. Still waiting on those USB-C to USB-B Chroma Cables though...

Tech Wizard

Do be aware that the new MacBooks are USB-C only so you need to look into getting a bunch of adapters as well, you don't want to open the box only to discover you can't connect anything to it.

You won't run into any problems on the new Macbooks (everything works perfectly), except the GOD AWFUL performance of macOS Sierra. If you are fine with a sleepy OS, running a lot of adapters and being able to see into the abyss your wallet is going to be.. Go for it.

Otherwise I would recommend buying a used Macbook from 2011 (I still use one myself) - early 2016 and upgrading it yourself (smack in 8GB RAM and a cheap SSD). Faster OS, USB A and quite cost-effective.

Or check out the new Acer laptops, they cost a third of what you pay for a Macbook and won't leave you waiting (Don't let Windows scare you, it's not that bad).

Quote Originally Posted by Kintox View Post
    You won't run into any problems on the new Macbooks (everything works perfectly), except the GOD AWFUL performance of macOS Sierra. If you are fine with a sleepy OS, running a lot of adapters and being able to see into the abyss your wallet is going to be.. Go for it.

Otherwise I would recommend buying a used Macbook from 2011 (I still use one myself) - early 2016 and upgrading it yourself (smack in 8GB RAM and a cheap SSD). Faster OS, USB A and quite cost-effective.

Or check out the new Acer laptops, they cost a third of what you pay for a Macbook and won't leave you waiting (Don't let Windows scare you, it's not that bad).
    What's sleepy about Sierra? I run it on a 12,1 and it's fine. Only issue I had was the USB audio broke in the last update. That's been fixed for ages though.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds