How to control Rekorbox without touching the laptop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default How to control Rekorbox without touching the laptop

Hi,

I have just bought the Pioneer Interface so that i can use Rekordbox with my 1210s and a Xone 92 and was wondering if it is possible to link a controller in to my setup so that i can control functions in Rekordbox (such as browse and load tracks, key shift etc) without having to touch the laptop?

Thanks

Yup. Something like the Xone:K1 should do the trick.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Any midi controller will do
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by crumarbit View Post
    Hi,

I have just bought the Pioneer Interface so that i can use Rekordbox with my 1210s and a Xone 92 and was wondering if it is possible to link a controller in to my setup so that i can control functions in Rekordbox (such as browse and load tracks, key shift etc) without having to touch the laptop?

Thanks
    Sorry if I ask something totally stupid but: Why would you use the 1210s if you buy a Controller?
    A part from having the "Oldskool" handling of Vinyl?

Maybe this question is stupid but I'm fan of "Reducing to the Max" so if I could handle my Software with a Controller I wouldn't Setup my 1210s. The time for Setting Up, the weight to carry, etc... I wouldn't do it...but maybe you're using it for Home Studio then it doesn't really matter.

Stephen, you're thinking about a all-in-one controller.

The rest of us are thinking about small modular controllers that cover only transport and FX controls (DDJ-S1, NI X1,....) that can be user mapped to RekordboxDj even if they are not a Pioneer product.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Nawlins View Post
    Sorry if I ask something totally stupid but: Why would you use the 1210s if you buy a Controller?
    A part from having the "Oldskool" handling of Vinyl?

Maybe this question is stupid but I'm fan of "Reducing to the Max" so if I could handle my Software with a Controller I wouldn't Setup my 1210s. The time for Setting Up, the weight to carry, etc... I wouldn't do it...but maybe you're using it for Home Studio then it doesn't really matter.
    Going for the K1

I prefer to play on turntables and like the idea of not having to touch the laptop when playing. This is the home setup so if no turntables available, everything is ready to go with USB on the CDJs.

Quote Originally Posted by crumarbit View Post
    Going for the K1

I prefer to play on turntables and like the idea of not having to touch the laptop when playing. This is the home setup so if no turntables available, everything is ready to go with USB on the CDJs.
    I am the same way. Another cool thing you can do, if you have a spare tablet, phone, or pi3 (with display) laying around is install teamviewer and have it focused on the browser section of rekordboxdj. This way you never have to even look at the laptop. It can be lid closed sitting off to the side somewhere.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tell me more about this TeamViewer of which you speak...?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    I am the same way. Another cool thing you can do, if you have a spare tablet, phone, or pi3 (with display) laying around is install teamviewer and have it focused on the browser section of rekordboxdj. This way you never have to even look at the laptop. It can be lid closed sitting off to the side somewhere.
    https://www.teamviewer.com/en/

What a fantastic idea!!!

So - could that be used to configure an old laptop as a display + and input device for a high powered desktop that lives hidden away under the desk?

'Cos that would be cool.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast