NI Crickets
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NI Crickets

Default NI Crickets

Has anyone noticed how quiet things have been over at Native Instruments the past couple of months? Hmmmm. The last time this happened, we got an S8.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Mentor

great, now we'll get an s16 with even less tempo controls, more screens, 8 channels and more stems nobody cares about.
    Still no flexible grids.

I'm sorry, I'm just kind of frustrated with NI at the moment. There's a reason I abandoned Traktor about 2-3 years ago for SDJ. Traktor used to be way ahead of scratch live, now it's the other way around

I hope whatever they're cooking up is worthwhile, I did like the Z2 a lot. Too bad the faders were crap

Quote Originally Posted by despo View Post
    great, now we'll get an s16 with even less tempo controls, more screens, 8 channels and more stems nobody cares about.
    Still no flexible grids.

I'm sorry, I'm just kind of frustrated with NI at the moment. There's a reason I abandoned Traktor about 2-3 years ago for SDJ. Traktor used to be way ahead of scratch live, now it's the other way around

I hope whatever they're cooking up is worthwhile, I did like the Z2 a lot. Too bad the faders were crap
    I am with you there. I left Traktor as soon as Rekordbox had DVS. I may have lost a few features in the beginning, but we are seeing those features put into the software now. :-p

I got into Stems, but really never found myself using them in a live setting.

I loved the Z2 layout, but not having the standard 2 in 2 out soundcard built in ruined it for me. I dont mind using faders over midi, but I prefer having at least my crossfader being analogue.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Guru

NI is the weirdest company.

They have practically given Pioneer their blessing to take over the DVS and Digital DJ market, while Traktor has stagnated for 3 years. No i dont include Stems and the hardware to support them as innovations.

I just want a browser that has smart playlists like everything else has had for 5 years.

NI are a very authoritarian company. They dont consult, they make what they want and fuck you if you dont like it.

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    I may have lost a few features in the beginning, but we are seeing those features put into the software now.
    Which ones? Is it about the absolute mode not being same as with Traktor? There was a thread on this, can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by electroshock View Post
    Which ones? Is it about the absolute mode not being same as with Traktor? There was a thread on this, can't find it.
    They fixed the ABS switch, added keymapping, and much more. I will pm you a video.

Thanks, I'm mainly interested about the absolute mode. The thread I can't find was complaining that cue points are not active in absolute mode, while in traktor they are active because it temporarily switches to relative mode (or smthg).

NI are having a sale of TSP+timecode with every S4mk2 purchase so maybe that's indicative of things to come?
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Here's the thread http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=93563
    Has this been solved in Rekordbox yet?

I will have to look at it a little bit more when I get home tonight, but sync does work in ABS mode. I will try it with serato timecode and see if that is the issue.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast