Midi Fighter? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Midi Fighter?

Alright ... a question to my favorite moderation team (tied with the chaps at NI)...

Straight up...

Why would I want a midi fighter? I'm a controller whore...I'll buy whatever...but why do I want it?

Right now I play out with a vci-100se (arcade modded) and nanopad. I have no issues with the setup.

I also have Maschine, apc40, and a remote sl25 (ohhh and uc-33e that i'm trying to sell). What would I want a midi-fighter for?

HELP ME! SELL ME ON THIS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    Alright ... a question to my favorite moderation team (tied with the chaps at NI)...

Straight up...

Why would I want a midi fighter? I'm a controller whore...I'll buy whatever...but why do I want it?

Right now I play out with a vci-100se (arcade modded) and nanopad. I have no issues with the setup.

I also have Maschine, apc40, and a remote sl25 (ohhh and uc-33e that i'm trying to sell). What would I want a midi-fighter for?

I couldn't afford an VCI arcade, maschine, apc, or remote sl25, the nanopad doesnt feel right, the uc-33e doesnt have buttons.

Chilly: You don't need a midifighter. More for the rest of us!

Straight up...

- The haptic feedback of the controller is unequaled.
    - You're able to expand the MF anyway you like.
    - You're free to call it MF without people staring at you because of the cursing.
    - You're able to print a nekkit picture of Karlos on the faceplate.

If that doesn't sell, I don't know what should/could.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Honestly, Chilly, I doubt you'd need one. Though, none of those controllers would LOOK like a MIDI Fighter, and no piece of gear in my collection gets more looks or questions than my MIDI Fighter, which is really basic, but sexy.

And why would you want it? You'd have something almost no one else would have. And it's got arcade buttons. And you could look awesome checking your email while spinning
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

What would I want a midi-fighter for?
    apart from the obvious of 'how cool is that?!!' i'm not sure. i could only think of functions for 12 of the buttons tbh

however, i'm gonna wait for the next version mentioned in the homepage article, and my nanopad arrived today - 12 buttons and not enough scenes for all the x/y ideas i want to try, almost perfect for what i want right now

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    - You're able to print a nekkit picture of Karlos on the faceplate.
    Will we be able to download this picture from the Mappings page?

If he's willing to share.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Can anyone tell me if the digital extensions would support a rotary encoder if it was put across two terminals?

I wouldn’t be using it for scratching, but selecting songs and effects.

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

It wont support a rotary on release, however firmware will be made available to allow two rotary encoders to replace the digital inputs.

Upgrading the firmware on these is super easy, you simply hold down the four corner buttons then power the unit up, the LEDs display a pattern to indicate that it is in upgrade mode and then you run the upgrade software, select one option, click 'connect', select the file you want to upgrade with and then click 'run'. Sorted, all via USB so no com port / cable issues to worry about.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast