Midi Fighter? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Midi Fighter?

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    It wont support a rotary on release, however firmware will be made available to allow two rotary encoders to replace the digital inputs.

Upgrading the firmware on these is super easy, you simply hold down the four corner buttons then power the unit up, the LEDs display a pattern to indicate that it is in upgrade mode and then you run the upgrade software, select one option, click 'connect', select the file you want to upgrade with and then click 'run'. Sorted, all via USB so no com port / cable issues to worry about.
    Muuuhaaahaaahaaa!!!

Tech Mentor

I've got an Akai MPD18, which is pretty much a midi fighter with memory banks, a note repeat option, and a fader attached, but I'm getting a MF anyway. Why, you might ask? Partly because I can, partly because it looks so much better, but mostly because the Akai pad is mapped for a two deck set up, and with the midi fighter next to it, I'd easily be able to expand to a four deck set up (when I get a new laptop with TPro). Right now I've got the pads on Cue points 1-4 for decks A and B as well as turning effects on and off when I hold down the pads. (much like in the cue chords video) With the midi fighter next to it, I'd be able to do with with all four decks + fx banks without a shift modifier or one of the other memory banks.
    I'm not good at things, but I like to pretend I am.
    :Project-Segfault:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234