BETA 2.11.1!!!! Cannot believe it's TAKEN THEM 5 YEARS! 'Color Coding in Playlists'
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default BETA 2.11.1!!!! Cannot believe it's TAKEN THEM 5 YEARS! 'Color Coding in Playlists'

So received an email and was quite incrdeulous!

I mentioned this WAAAAAY back in 2012 as a pretty damn obvious addition to Traktor pro.
    Maybe someone did listen to my many comments over he years about this, facepalm obvious, color coding tracks with in a playlist.
    From NI:

Color Coding in Playlists

Via right-click on the Playlist header you can enable a new column called "Color".
    Attention: the new column shows up on the far right end of your existing columns.
    When right clicking into the fields of this list, you can assign the track one of six colors
    The colors are shown as square in the column and as shade across the entire width of the playlist
    The colors that you assigned are stored within the .nml and within the files and can thus be transferred to another computer just as any tag
    We intend to release this feature as a test and evaluate if it is mature enough to release it for good.

Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 12.56.42 PM.jpg

Been a while between updates, but this version has been rock solid for me. The colour coding feature will be quiet useful for a drunken jester i would imagine
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Yep, could be quite handy for those times

Currently downloading it but it is extremely slow ... even by Australian standards!
    Main Gig Comp - MacBook Air 11" 1.3GHz i5, 4GB, 512GB, OS X 10.12.6
    Gig Gear - TSP 2.6.8 & 2.11.2, Kontrol X1mk2 (x2), D2 (x2), S5, Xone:92, Xone:PX5, CDJ-2000 (x2), DDJ-XP1 ... Rekordbox DJ 5 with a few packs ...
    Plenty of studio gear and not enough time ... and a few Nexo PA systems

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deckard26354 View Post
    Maybe someone did listen to my many comments over he years about this
    Sorry to burst ya bubble but I requested colour coding in 2007 along with a split browser so you could have 2 playlists on show during the Traktor DJ Studio 3 days. I'd need to search around for the mock up jpg but it's on the NI forum somewhere.

It's been way more than 5 years

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Sorry to burst ya bubble but I requested colour coding in 2007 along with a split browser so you could have 2 playlists on show during the Traktor DJ Studio 3 days. I'd need to search around for the mock up jpg but it's on the NI forum somewhere.

It's been way more than 5 years
    With the amount of desperate and archaic interface problems Traktor has, this is kind of laughable.

At least they finally fixed the playlist row height bug that they introduced in 2.10. Its hilarious that the main bugfix of this is to rectify fonts they broke over a year ago.

It feels like there is one half asleep guy with narcolepsy in charge of Traktor development who is completely unaware that any other DJ software in the world exists.

Traktor development has been pathetic for the last two years. Literally pathetic. Their customer engagement is completely non existent.

I love NI and have lots of NI stuff, but their DJ division at this point is simply fucked and has no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    With the amount of desperate and archaic interface problems Traktor has, this is kind of laughable.

At least they finally fixed the playlist row height bug that they introduced in 2.10. Its hilarious that the main bugfix of this is to rectify fonts they broke over a year ago.

It feels like there is one half asleep guy with narcolepsy in charge of Traktor development who is completely unaware that any other DJ software in the world exists.

Traktor development has been pathetic for the last two years. Literally pathetic. Their customer engagement is completely non existent.

I love NI and have lots of NI stuff, but their DJ division at this point is simply fucked and has no direction.
    DAAAAAMMMMMMMMMNNNNN

I for one wonder why $200 DJ software still requires an NI interface. Let us use ANY INterface NI. It is 2017. Every booth is different and carrying around an audio 10 or audio 6 just seems redundant.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    DAAAAAMMMMMMMMMNNNNN

I for one wonder why $200 DJ software still requires an NI interface. Let us use ANY INterface NI. It is 2017. Every booth is different and carrying around an audio 10 or audio 6 just seems redundant.
    Only for DVS, which is pretty standard across all the ecosystems. You dont need an NI soundcard unless you are running digital vinyl with Traktor.

Only for DVS, which is pretty standard across all the ecosystems. You dont need an NI soundcard unless you are running digital vinyl with Traktor.
    Rekordbox DVS, Mixxx, and Deckadance all let you use any Interface.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    Rekordbox DVS, Mixxx, and Deckadance all let you use any Interface.
    Pioneer currently lets you use any interface, but there is indications that they will lock this down to their newly released Pioneer interface at some point.

Mixx and Decadance are kind of moot as they dont have any market share to speak of in the pro market.

Pioneer currently lets you use any interface, but there is indications that they will lock this down to their newly released Pioneer interface at some point.

Mixx and Decadance are kind of moot as they dont have any market share to speak of in the pro market.
    What indications are you referring to?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast