How set multiple bank changes

Unhappy How set multiple bank changes

Software: Ableton Live 9 Suite
    Product: Midi Fighter 64

I'm trying to set one button to switch through multiple banks, I recently found out this was possible through Shawn's marble soda video description but I haven't been able to figure it out. All I've managed to do is to use gate to swap through the selected buttons but other than that, I can't do it so I click it and it automatically switches.

What I have in mind:
    I'm on bank one, I click C1 and it switches to bank two immediately, I press it again and it switches to bank three until it hits its limit and cycles back to bank one.

Any help and tips would be much appreciated!

Tech Convert

Post Possible Answer

Hey waffle,

Sadly, what I think you're trying to do is impossible. In Marble Soda, Shawn has 4 banks, each set to 4 buttons. That way, whichever button he presses, that bank loads. I imagine he does this by having an instrument rack with multiple chains and each button simply selects a different chain (or bank) where he has unique samples and triggers for his light show.

To my knowledge with Ableton and the Midi Fighter, I don't think there's a way to map that sort of function to a single button.

Sorry, man! If you do find a better solution, be sure to post it and prove me wrong. That's how we learn!

Josh

Quote Originally Posted by joshlikesdrums View Post
    Hey waffle,

Sadly, what I think you're trying to do is impossible. In Marble Soda, Shawn has 4 banks, each set to 4 buttons. That way, whichever button he presses, that bank loads. I imagine he does this by having an instrument rack with multiple chains and each button simply selects a different chain (or bank) where he has unique samples and triggers for his light show.

To my knowledge with Ableton and the Midi Fighter, I don't think there's a way to map that sort of function to a single button.

Sorry, man! If you do find a better solution, be sure to post it and prove me wrong. That's how we learn!

Josh
    Apparently, if you do not link the chain selector to a the turn knob at the left of the instrument rack, you can simply bind a midi note to the chain selector. It will indeed play through all the banks you've made and it will cycle back once it hits the end.

Also, you can use a plugin called nev's wormhole to have all 64 buttons mapped and play sounds while the button that changes banks can also have a sample attached to it.

Ya, I learned quite a bit after producing a lot in these past months, this was one of them.

Tech Convert

Awesome, thanks for the info! I definitely learned something!