HELP...Serato to Rekordbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default HELP...Serato to Rekordbox

Hi all
    I really really need some guidance and help please cos my head is pickled.

I currently use serato with ddjsx2 which works great but I am now getting more gigs and I cant take the ddjsx2 to use with my laptop/serato all of the time cos its just too big.

Industry standard equipment seems to be cdj2000s/900s where I live and I want to know how I can use these with the laptop/serato/music I already have.
    I have once tried usbs but it didn't have my cues etc.

I have briefly looked at Rekordbox and possibly moving over to that from serato but can you actually dj in rekordbox or is it simply music management like Itunes? And if you can use it to play with how can I get it on my ddjsx. If this is even the solution of course.

Im a vinyl girl at heart and all this new digital stuff really confuses me so I dont know where to start with finding a solution
    I would be most grateful of any advice.

Thank you in advance
    Nicky

You can use your SX2 with RekordboxDJ and actually DJ with that software. If you are on a mac, you can convert your entire collection from Serato to Rekordbox using Rekordbuddy. If you are on a pc, there is a workaround to do so, but it is quite complicated.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Convert

Default Help

Thank you for your answer.
    How do I start with all that?

You can download Rekordbox for free from https://rekordbox.com. After launch, click the TRIAL button in the top left to activate the 30-day free trial for Rekordbox DJ. Plug in your SX2 and see if it all works OK. After 30 days you'll need to buy a Rekordbox DJ license for $139.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikMinekus View Post
    You can download Rekordbox for free from https://rekordbox.com. After launch, click the TRIAL button in the top left to activate the 30-day free trial for Rekordbox DJ. Plug in your SX2 and see if it all works OK. After 30 days you'll need to buy a Rekordbox DJ license for $139.
    Or pay $9.99 per month.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Convert

Default Help

Thanks for your help. Im certainly going to try this route.
    But in the immediate is there a best way to play on 900/2000s from my set up as it is?

Tech Mentor

you could also use the 900/2000s with serato (it's called HID mode, you plug the cdjs into your laptop)

Quote Originally Posted by despo View Post
    you could also use the 900/2000s with serato (it's called HID mode, you plug the cdjs into your laptop)
    You still need either a serato enabled mixer (with paid serato license), serato dvs certified mixer, SL Interface, or Denon DS1. Learned this the hard way. Thank god for always having a USB on me.

Tech Convert

Default Help

So actually not an easy straightforward way then of just plugging them in?!

And there doesn't seem to be Rekord Buddy for pc either so I either have to manually load my entire collection into Rekordbox and use usbs
    or buy an interface to use my laptop. Smashing! I just spent 800 odd on my sx2 and it seems pretty useless now. 🙁

Quote Originally Posted by nicklie View Post
    So actually not an easy straightforward way then of just plugging them in?!

And there doesn't seem to be Rekord Buddy for pc either so I either have to manually load my entire collection into Rekordbox and use usbs
    or buy an interface to use my laptop. Smashing! I just spent 800 odd on my sx2 and it seems pretty useless now. ��
    I am currently running mac osx in a VM to use Rekordbuddy on PC. It's a pain, but completely worth it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast