Crazy thing happening
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Crazy thing happening

I have a VCI 100 FM 1.3 NEW 2.5 TSI file and newest overlay running with an audio 4 dj and a brand new MBP.

I have a couple of really weird things happening, the first is that when selecting and playing a track its playing fine, however all of a sudden for the last 3 times the track starts completely independantly through my headphones? So i have the track playing through my speakers and the track playing through the headphones...not at the same time not synched. even weirder, when i stop the track playing through the speakers it continues to play through my headphones? very weird?

Also I'm having real difficulty with bpms in Traktor, some tracks are way way off in terms of their bpm, the grid set by Tracktor is also way off. I'm relatively new to setting beat grids however some bpms are showing as near half the speed of the track. does the fact im using WAVS have any bearing? the vestax was bought from another DJTT member but it just seems to be a bit weird and not working!

i'm also using mixed in key 4 and itunes.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Scot

Quote Originally Posted by Scot View Post
    the track starts completely independantly through my headphones? So i have the track playing through my speakers and the track playing through the headphones...not at the same time not synched. even weirder, when i stop the track playing through the speakers it continues to play through my headphones? very weird?
    are you knocking the preview button by accident? or has it been mapped to another button somehow?

Also I'm having real difficulty with bpms in Traktor, some tracks are way way off in terms of their bpm, the grid set by Tracktor is also way off. I'm relatively new to setting beat grids however some bpms are showing as near half the speed of the track. does the fact im using WAVS have any bearing?
    wav shouldn't have any bearing on it imo, what style are you playing? someting with alot of break beats in it? as that could be the problem.

with the half tempo, you could edit the track in the browser and double the speed.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Hiya, thanks for your reply,

nope definately not hitting preview, it just kicks off in the earphones with no warning! I'm not sure if it could be mapped anywhere else however i'm not touching anything so it cant be that?

I'm playing pretty much 4/4 house music with very recognisable beats. There are also a couple of tracks that seem to be in the 200+ bpm range. The controller just doesnt seem to be playing right. I tried playing the same track in both decks and it played fine.

I'm really pretty confused....

Hiya, thanks for your reply,

nope definately not hitting preview, it just kicks off in the earphones with no warning! I'm not sure if it could be mapped anywhere else however i'm not touching anything so it cant be that?

I'm playing pretty much 4/4 house music with very recognisable beats. There are also a couple of tracks that seem to be in the 200+ bpm range. The controller just doesnt seem to be playing right. I tried playing the same track in both decks and it played fine.

I'm really pretty confused....
    alot of it sounds more software than hardware, might be mixed in key or itunes related on the track side? as for the preview, might be worth double checking the map, just to be safe.
    or double check the soundcard routing, might be playing the master to the heaphones and getting lagged somewhere?

just throwing ideas out there tbh

SoundCloud

Cheers,

Would i check the map in preferences? its the newest version of traktor.

Do you think it might be the new tsi file 2.5?

yeah you'd check the map in the preferences, think it'll be called midi set-up.

as for the tsi, can't comment as i use my own

SoundCloud

Cheers

Tech Guru

Sounds like preview is mapped to something it shouldn't be. Does the DJTT file have a preview function? I didn't think it did. But look at the file, and sort by command, and you'll see if something is in there.

As far as the BPM thing goes, the preference where you select a BPM range can have a big impact on the calculated result. If it's really off, most likely the material is complex. That's ok, no software is perfect. Usually tapping the tempo for a few beats sets it straight. If it's still off, just fix it. It's not hard. Remember though, it's much more likely that the tempo is correct and the marker placement is off, so at first, don't mess with the grid expand and compress buttons. Just use the start point move buttons - most of the time that's all it is. Some people like to map a key just to fix the /2 time or doubletime thing, no big deal.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Thanks Zac,

I'll check the file to see if theres anything there, I'm just confused as it just kicked off without me actually touching anything. And it isnt happening on every track.

With the BPM thing, I would just have thought it would have been a bit tighter. I'm quite happy to go ahead and manually change the bpm's though.

Tech Guru

I find that you can get wonky bpm readings if you play a song immediatly after loading it into traktor, as in, you grab the song from explorer, then you throw it on a deck and press play without letting it analyze it fully first. Usually that will give me misreadings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast