Any DJ's in Austin Texas that want to network?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Any DJ's in Austin Texas that want to network?

So I've been in the producers corner for a while and kind of left DJing last on the to do list. Lately though, I've grown a strong passion for DJing and would like to know if any of you guys are out there and if you guys have any meet ups, shindigs, groups, whatever. I'm really trying to get involved but I'm having trouble getting my foot in the door. If any of you guys are out there and wouldn't mind adding another dude to the crew(one that produces too, not just DJ's) could you please hit me up? I understand the Austin scene isn't a huge one, but hell, there haves to be one!!!!!

cheers,
    VB

i'm in the same boat as you friend! i just came back from Austin tx. now i live in houston. i'm still trying to get my foot in the door as well. right now i'm pimping myself out here in houston trying to get a gig. what genre do you spin?

Tech Convert

Personally I'm in love with electro.....its funny because my gf is a die hard trance DJ and I want nothing to do with it lol XD dont get me wrong bro, i dont care what you DJ, DJ's got to stick togather in places like Austin TX because of the over whelming rock, country, and rap scene here.

I'm a producer so it didn't take me long to get DJing down. Do you ever visit Austin? I dont visit Houston to often lol. Got all my priorities happening here just dont have the time to go anywhere atm.

i also spin electro! the houston scene is pretty much controlled by one dj duo. its hard trying to get a foot in.
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9437 i also like spinning nu disco stuff. check it out, if you want.

i visit austin a lot. i was a student at a university just north of it in Georgetown, Southwestern University. i had to move back because of financial issues (40k a year lol nuh uh). always down for visiting! where do you guys spin?

Tech Convert

Well thats the thing bro, I'm trying to find some where to spin lol! I'm pretty sure its as easy as talking to the club owner but I'd like to get to know some DJ's first that way I can at least provide some sort of networking. Wouldn't be any fun just doing it alone you know?! Besides, DJing is all about networking anyways so doing it right always pays off in the end. I sent you a message so let me know when you got it.

ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE!?!??! XD This can't possibly be the only DJ scene going on in Texas??!!

Tech Convert

What's going on?
    Anyways, I just moved to Austin for school this semester and was wondering the same thing, "where the hell is the EDM scene?!?!?!" Coming from California, I am just not used to this weak scene out here!
    I have met a few other similar DJ's in my position here in the ATX and we plan on meeting up next semester to get organized and bring the EDM scene back to life.

Contact me here and I will update you about our meeting:
    Andrew@Belongclothing.com

Also, check out my mini mix!

Lastly, do you have any produced tracks I can listen to or any mixes?

P.S. Nice to know there are others out there...

Tech Convert

any other people in austin out there????

i have some on my soundcloud

soundcloud.com/munizj

i'll be updating this today with a few more mixes including a minimal one.

Tech Convert

sweet dude. I gotta show you one I did as well. Last night I did an all out french electro mix with a few artist from Ed Banger record label.these songs are crazy as hell to mix lol

http://www.4shared.com/file/17172195...rench_mix.html

Tech Convert

Will you be coming to Iowa ?

I'm there and hope to join hands with you and jam Iowa.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast