Should timetables be released in advance?
    Tech Mentor

Default Should timetables be released in advance?

Should clubs publish the timetable before the event or just hang out sheets at the venue for everyone to know who is playing at what time? Especially when headliners are booked, organisers could be concerned that visitors will come in late when they know their favorite artist is playing at like 0300 or so. On the other hand, it is a service for the crowd to know who is playing in advance.
    What do you think is the best option and why? Does it depend on certain factors? I figured out that clubs handle the topic differently, so what is your opinion?

I'd like it to not be posted in advance, but the club should have a timetable located visibly somewhere behind the entrance. m. o.

In my experience, it is best to let the artists know what time they are playing, but not to release the timeslots publicly. The large majority know that the headlining timeslots will be 12, 1, or 2. This allows the local and up and coming performers to communicate to their target audience what time they will be performing and keeps people that are new to your venue, night, or events from only showing up for one performance then leaving.

Now, if oyu are a major club that already has a steady attendance every evening based solely on your branding and reputation alone, posting the timeslots is not really an issue. At that point you really dont have a need to direct traffic as you already have a line waiting to get in anyway.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Yeah, I once went to a venue (no timetable) where the headliner went on stage around 4:30-5:00. Not cool.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Mentor

I guess I will publish the timetable in advance because we have got quite popular local DJs that play prime time at "normal" parties in town where there are no famous headliners from outside the city. Since these local DJs, that do have quite a fanbase within the local audience, are now playing a bit earlier than usual, I will offer the service for them to know when their boys are playing.