Rumblejazz Production actually playable in a club?

Default Rumblejazz Production actually playable in a club?

Sort of garagey, housey, epicy, sort of synthy track?

edit:working again

download bassier re mix here : http://www.drop.io/rumblejazzjoy

Give us a shout if you liked it.

peas

x x x x x
    Last edited by Rumblejazz; 12-09-2009 at 03:14 PM.

Tech Guru

Hmmm... I'm kind of liking it! I'm not listening to it on a club system (just my ATH 50's), so I cant really say how it would do in that environment. based on my headphones, I'd say that the section of the song starting around 4 minutes (its also featured at the beginning) needs more sub bass, to help that cill sound also give you a energetic feeling in your chest.

I also kind of think it needs a clap at some point. I generally like the percussion line, its got good broken beat, and your rim tap + that hi hat go well together.

Granted, I have yet to produce a decent track hahaha, but overall I would say this is a little to chill, you have good buildups, but it doesn't quite nail you when it drops...

hey thanks for the quick reply!

just noticed the mix sounds a bit weird.

Gonna sort it out and re-up

I might some more sub bass in while im at it!

Tech Guru

but yeah man, youve got a pretty nice combo of sounds going on here, and I like how they work together, cause its a lot better than anything I could do! What program do you use?

FL studio and all the synths are done in Albino 3. I played in the bass and beats with an MPD32 and the chords with an oxygen 8. I use the knobs and faders on the two controllers to control synth params and mix levels. Simple but I like to stick to what i know! As other people of mentioned, you can spend days maybe weeks messing around with new synths. I'm at a stage with Albino now, where I can hear a sound in my head, I can recreate it pretty fast.

Tech Guru

sounds cool, I'm starting to try and get into ableton (demo haha), cause my flatmate messes around with it. Learning how to use massive on his comp, but for some reason the latency on my soundcard makes things near unplayable in realtime, although I have a decent soundcard + computer (draggg).

Tech Student

I generally like the percussion line, its got good broken beat, and your rim tap + that hi hat go well together.

thanks spam bot!

much more bass version here:
    http://drop.io/rumblejazzjoy/