Recommendations & Advice - New to digital dj'ing.

Default Recommendations & Advice - New to digital dj'ing.

Hi guys,

In a previous life I was a bedroom vinyl dj and had a relatively cheap Numark setup. I sold this all several years ago as life got in the way. I am now looking to get back into it and of course everything is now digital, so I am looking for some recommendations on gear to look at, as I have no idea. I would rather have an mp3/usb stick set up with ability to connect to my MacBook. I am not fussed about CD's. I want a setup I can grow into rather than having to upgrade again in the future.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

I would look into either XDJ-RXmk2 or a pair of XDJ-1000mk2 and the new DJM750mk2. You'll get more function out of the 1000s but the controller is nice because it's all in 1

If you enjoyed mixing vinyl, get a DVS set up (Digital Vinyl Solution).

You’ll have turntables connected to a DVS enabled mixer, and the mixer will connect to your MacBook by USB.

You can then play the music on your MacBook using the turntables to manipulate (speed up/down, direction (scratching?) etc...) the music on your hard drive, in your software of choice...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Wizard

Default Xdj 700

Hey!

If i would you I would go for a pair of XDJ 700 then you get the touch screen and they are much cheaper compared to the other ones with touch screen. The only thing that is negative is that the jogs and the cdj is much smaller but if you move around a lot they are very easy to bring on because of their size compared to a set of nexus 2000.

I give you a link below where you can check them out!

https://www.pioneerdj.com/en/product...lack/overview/

Quote Originally Posted by SefZack View Post
    Hey!

If i would you I would go for a pair of XDJ 700 then you get the touch screen and they are much cheaper compared to the other ones with touch screen. The only thing that is negative is that the jogs and the cdj is much smaller but if you move around a lot they are very easy to bring on because of their size compared to a set of nexus 2000.

I give you a link below where you can check them out!

https://www.pioneerdj.com/en/product...lack/overview/
    the 700s are great on a budget, i own a pair and i love them, however i really wish i had the extra money to get the 1000mk2s.

Default Thanks

Thanks for the input guys, taking a look at the 700's as the 1000's are a little out of my budget.