NI Kontrol Z2 Mapping for Rekordbox DJ - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

I did just that, tried zipping into zip folder, as well as just zipping the file itself with 7zip, getting same error. Don't get it. Anyways, I guess email me for the mapping for now until someone can clarify for me what im doing wrong here.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

What error message do you get? Did you double check if the controller category is filled?
    And which is your user profile on MAPS?

Feel free to reach out to me directly via email: (vstimidi@gmail.com) and send me the mapping file. I'll try to upload it for you.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    What error message do you get? Did you double check if the controller category is filled?
    And which is your user profile on MAPS?

Feel free to reach out to me directly via email: (vstimidi@gmail.com) and send me the mapping file. I'll try to upload it for you.
    Stewe, I've emailed you the map files as well as a screenshot of the errors i'm getting. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Eguerr731 View Post
    Ok so apparently I can't use PM yet. Im thinking its because I just registered on the forum and don't have that 'permission'. But I have been browsing on this forum for years. Anyways, email me at nitrous41@hotmail.com and I'll hook you up with the map with explanation of everything as well as the Controller Editor template you'll have to load to the Z2 first to make all the buttons act properly.

BTW, I use to have a pair of CDJ850s and found they worked super tightly in HID with RekordboxDJ. In fact I found they felt actually tighter then The XDJ1000 mk1's I have now with RekordboxDJ! Might just be that my laptop has a harder time with the extra data going back and forth to the xdj's 'advanced HID'. Luckily I didnt get them to be use as controllers. But the 850s were great and the software gives them pretty much all the functionality of the more expensive players, especially with the Z2!

Sorry I have been away for a few days and just seen this, I will send you an e-mail now and if you could reply with the mappings that would be great, thank you. Also yeah I find the 850'S Super tight with Rekordbox DJ, Shame the track name doesn't appear on screen but everything else (BPM, remain and the center spindle) works perfect.
    x2 Pioneer CDJ 1000mk3, NI Kontrol Z2, x2 Kontrol D2, Traktor 3, MacBook Pro & MacBook Air 2018

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey Everyone,
    The mapping is uploaded to MIDIMAPS under my user account: https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/8122

Please use this thread to share your feedback on the mapping so Elton can get notifications on new comments.

Best,

Tech Wizard

Thanks Stewe!

Default Someone help

I have downloaded the mapping all is good however when I go to the input settings there is no 'input deck 1/2' when I click setting utility it says it the driver selected does not have it, so I am unable to use my Turntables, anyone know how to solve this?

Tech Wizard

Do you you have the latest driver for the z2 installed on your computer? If not, download it and install it from NI website. And then in Rekordbox, make sure it is selected in the Audio tab in Preferences menu. (The Driver link in Rekordbox won't work because it's not a pioneer soundcard). If you have done all of this, the you should have options for channel A left and right for input on deck 1, plus channel B left/right for deck 2. Make sure you're set to internal mixer mode.

Tech Wizard

Also, make sure switches on mixer are set to Phono obviously AND the little Traktor button next to them is turned ON, otherwise you will get the timecode sound through you main output.
    Let me know if this works. I am on windows so I'm not sure if theres anything different to do on Mac but I'm assuming not.

Default Reply

I have the correct driver etc installed however I will reinstall/check for the newest one on website, also I have all the rights settings like phono etc, I am getting sound through the mixer just not options for the gosh darn input decks ! Iam on PC so should be simply enough, thanks!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast