NI Kontrol Z2 Mapping for Rekordbox DJ - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Reply

Have done all the things, still not working, no options for inputs, only says master outputs and headphone outputs I have my turntables plugged in via USB and RCA into the mixer I don't know why it's not working

Also, the z2 only works with RB when I have the controller editor open in the background with the template applied, this suppose to be like that?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by torinmacneil1 View Post
    Have done all the things, still not working, no options for inputs, only says master outputs and headphone outputs I have my turntables plugged in via USB and RCA into the mixer I don't know why it's not working
    So, just to make sure, you only have the option for Master and Monitor for deck INputs? If so, that is kinda weird.. Are you getting sound from Rekordbox Dj through the mixer? But just not getting the timecode signal into Rekordbox decks? What do the scopes do when in the DVS tab in preferences? Also, why do you have your turntables plugged in USB? Just need the rca's to the mixer. This maybe a dumb question but, are you sure you have the DVS pluspack for RekordboxDJ ? It's not included with the basic licence and is an extra purchase/extra licence unless you are on a monthly subscription. Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get as much info as possible.

Finally, you should only need to open up Controller Editor after you plug in the Z2, then you can close it and the template should stay loaded in the mixer. But if you press the gear button at the top and the Shift button at the same time, it should automatically go into midi mode with the last stored template, and you won't have to open Controller Editor.

Yes I only have the output options, not inputs. Yes the mixer works fine all the sound comes through it, however when I use the pitch fader on the Turntables, it doesn't send it too the program, the BPM stays the same. And I do not actually have an RB timecode at the moment I am getting a pair soon, but even if I did have the timecode atm I would still have this glitch with no inputs. And I have the usbs into the mixer aswell because with traktor scratch pro that's what you do, I guessed it was the same. And no I do not have the DVS plus pack just because the fact that I do not own a pair of timecode vinyl yet. Even without having the timecode vinyl you would expect the BPM too change though with the pitch fader aswell as the play/pause button do not work, which is because I don't have the options for input decks meaning the Turntables do not send any signals too the mixer/programme, thanks for helping I am struggling. Do you think getting the DVS plus pack will mean the inputs will be enabled?

Tech Wizard

Yes, that is exactly what the problem is. In RekordboxDJ, the inputs are only unable when you have the DVS pluspack. It is not like Traktor where there is always an input option.

Ahhh, you are a saviour, now I have to go spend £130😂 ah well it will be worth it. Thanks a lot for the help brother

Tech Wizard

Lol, no problem!

Okay so I have the DVS, and the plus pack, however my tempo faders and start/stop buttons don't work? Do I have to use the sync button too play it every time?

Infact when I scratch the timecode it doesn't even stop, track continues too play, as if the turntables aren't even connected, I have set the inputs which is weird

Tech Wizard

No, make sure the decks are in relative or absolute mode. If it is in internal it ignores the timecode. Look up the rekordbox dj manual, in the DVS section.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast