NI Kontrol Z2 Mapping for Rekordbox DJ - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Ahhh okay it's working now, however the loop funct doesn't work? And a little bit of the master song plays through the headphones when cueing a song? Also how do I switch too Live input for Vinyl? So complicated this I'm thinking of returning this mixer and getting a pioneer this is soo complicated for what it is

Tech Wizard

Most of the trouble you're having is with the software because the mixer was never intended for Rekordbox so it's not plug and play like with Traktor. But once it's all set up it works well.
    For the loops not working, make sure you're in relative mode, it won't work in absolute. Rekordbox is not like Traktor where it automatically switches from absolute to relative when you hit a loop or hot cue.
    As for the master through the headphones, you have to open up the software mixer (check the mixer box at the top next to sampler) and turn the 'MIXING' knob all the way to the left, and the LEVEL knob all the way to the right. This you have to do once everytime you open up the software but I have actually mapped those two knobs to the Z2 shift+low eq knobs left and right so you can do it quickly.

Ahhh thanks think that's everything working for now lol!

I can confirm the mapping works as intended.

However to make the 'autoloop' function on your rotaries to work accordingly, I had to go to my Controller Editor:
    Select Template -> Assign tab -> Select rotary -> make sure Turn Mode is set to 'relative' on both rotaries.
    The same goes for the Browse rotary. Otherwise it'll just go in one direction...

Plus, go to your Rekordbox settings -> Controller tab -> Deck tab -> Scroll down to AUTO BEAT LOOP -> 'Loop for specified beats.'

The headphone section is probably the one thing most people want to map the way they want it...
    My setup is:
    Sync buttons A & B for cue selection.
    Deck C volume knob for headphone level, Deck D knob for Cue/Master.

Tech Mentor

Hi does this mean you can use the Z2 with RB as you would with Traktor? If so can you use Traktor vinyl /cds or you need RB ones.?

On that note how much is the dvs upgrade and do you have to get it direct from pioneer?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by bartjunited View Post
    Hi does this mean you can use the Z2 with RB as you would with Traktor? If so can you use Traktor vinyl /cds or you need RB ones.?

On that note how much is the dvs upgrade and do you have to get it direct from pioneer?
    With the DVS upgrade for RBDJ, which is around $100USD upgrade direct from pioneer, it does work like Traktor Scratch but will not work with Traktor timecode. It does work with Serato timecode vinyl if you have those otherwise you have to purchase RekordboxDJ timecode vinyl. If you're using cd or media players you can download Rekordbox timecode for free from Pioneer website. Then you can burn onto cds or put on thumb drives for you players.

Tech Convert

Aee you able to use the thru mode with RBDJ and the Z2?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234