NI Kontrol Z2 Mapping for Rekordbox DJ
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default NI Kontrol Z2 Mapping for Rekordbox DJ

Has anyone on here been successful with Mapping the Kontrol Z2 to play nicely with Reckordbox DJ? There is a guy on Youtube has done it but isn't answering my questions!

If you have or know of a mapping can you please direct me in the right direction please
    x2 Pioneer CDJ 1000mk3, NI Kontrol Z2, x2 Kontrol D2, Traktor 3, MacBook Pro & MacBook Air 2018

I made a quick mapping when I ended up with one in front of me a couple months ago. I didnt export it, though. Next time I am around one, I will put a quick mapping together again.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    I made a quick mapping when I ended up with one in front of me a couple months ago. I didnt export it, though. Next time I am around one, I will put a quick mapping together again.
    Excellent, thanks
    x2 Pioneer CDJ 1000mk3, NI Kontrol Z2, x2 Kontrol D2, Traktor 3, MacBook Pro & MacBook Air 2018

Tech Wizard

I have one with all the basics mapped, not perfect but a good start. Not sure I can post it directly to this thread but I can send it to you when I get home tomorrow if you're still interested. Let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by Eguerr731 View Post
    I have one with all the basics mapped, not perfect but a good start. Not sure I can post it directly to this thread but I can send it to you when I get home tomorrow if you're still interested. Let me know!
    That would be fantastic, do you want to PM me and I will send you my e-mail address? Thanks.

Tech Wizard

Ok so apparently I can't use PM yet. Im thinking its because I just registered on the forum and don't have that 'permission'. But I have been browsing on this forum for years. Anyways, email me at nitrous41@hotmail.com and I'll hook you up with the map with explanation of everything as well as the Controller Editor template you'll have to load to the Z2 first to make all the buttons act properly.

BTW, I use to have a pair of CDJ850s and found they worked super tightly in HID with RekordboxDJ. In fact I found they felt actually tighter then The XDJ1000 mk1's I have now with RekordboxDJ! Might just be that my laptop has a harder time with the extra data going back and forth to the xdj's 'advanced HID'. Luckily I didnt get them to be use as controllers. But the 850s were great and the software gives them pretty much all the functionality of the more expensive players, especially with the Z2!

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Please upload it at MIDIMAPS so everyone can find it more easily. I would make one myself but I don't have Recordbox DJ...

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Please upload it at MIDIMAPS so everyone can find it more easily. I would make one myself but I don't have Recordbox DJ...

Ok so dumb question, How can I upload to the MIDIMAPS page? Im signed in but can't seem to find a link to upload.. Sorry, i'm a noob here..

Tech Wizard

Nevermind, I figured it out and but everytime I load the file and hit "upload the mapping file" I get an this error:

There were errors that prevented this Mapping from being saved:
    Image Paperclip::Errors::NotIdentifiedByImageMagickError

Don't know what i'm doing wrong, maybe someone can help me out?..

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Nevermind, I figured it out and but everytime I load the file and hit "upload the mapping file" I get an this error:

There were errors that prevented this Mapping from being saved:

Don't know what i'm doing wrong, maybe someone can help me out?..
    Try to zip the file before uploading. Works every time.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast