DJ Rafik
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DJ Rafik

Default DJ Rafik

Pretty cool demo of NI's hardware, controllerism and turntablism...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i0OL...layer_embedded

Tech Mentor

Much more dope than the other half...

here's my question though:
    maschine and x1 or midi fighter and xone1d?

niceee
    macbook/2 Stanton STR.150 /Axiom 25/AKAI MPD 25/Vestax vci-100/Serato sl3/Ableton live 8 suite/ krk monitor/Ecler Nuo 2.0/Akai mpd24/midiFighter /Audio 4/2 Pioneer cdj 800mk2/

Quote Originally Posted by n2hf1st View Post
    Much more dope than the other half...

here's my question though:
    maschine and x1 or midi fighter and xone1d?
    MIDI fighter & x1.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Guru

beast
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

Cool? Yes...this is cool for people who aren't part of this message board.

But seriously...come on guys...

So you're telling me if I buy a Maschine (which I own) and an X1 I can do all that he showed me? You mean...my vci-100 can't do that?

Cue point triggering with Maschine is a freakin' waste. I was expecting a little more.

Granted all I've ever seen in Richie's sets is him using the step-sequencer to lay out live 'claps'...but I still like that more than what Rafik was showing.

I mean, why bother with the X1? Why not map the knobs on the Maschine to take care of the effects?

Nice try...B for effort.

I still <3 NI...

/end_rant

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    /end_rant
    Maybe it's just because Rafik has just become my favorite controllerist as well as turntablist, but I'm afriad I'm gna have to disagree with you here Chilly mate..

Rafik's definitely taken cue point juggling to a new level here. I mean, yes - he's got amazing skills already, but regardless of the hardware, NI have just very cleverly shown how creative you can actually get with their software. Ok, our VCI mapping with its Sanwas, modified FX control, complex use of jog wheels.. the list goes on.. is all very well - but this germanic genius has just rocketed the standard of cue juggling into the stratosphere! or at least he has in my opinion. I really wanna go have a drink with this guy...

Tech Guru

I agree, I think this is the best short routine I have seen on any platform.
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

Dude, I realize I don't post a lot on this board but I did think it was an excellent display of how controllerism and turntablism can be done in an actual live setup... We always hear about these cool tech gadgets and mappings etc, but how often do we see them put into play on this forum in a video format that shows us "Hey, this is how I use hardware #1, hardware #2 etc..."

...If users can do this on a VCI-100 alone or if you think it's a waste to do the same routine on that particular setup, by all means, put it on video and show us... Most of us can understand how to mix multiple decks and apply effects to transition etc... but how many of us can say "oh yeah, I can do what DJ so and so does on a regular basis"?

Tech Guru

But seriously...come on guys...

So you're telling me if I buy a Maschine (which I own) and an X1 I can do all that he showed me? You mean...my vci-100 can't do that?

Cue point triggering with Maschine is a freakin' waste. I was expecting a little more.

Granted all I've ever seen in Richie's sets is him using the step-sequencer to lay out live 'claps'...but I still like that more than what Rafik was showing.

I mean, why bother with the X1? Why not map the knobs on the Maschine to take care of the effects?

Nice try...B for effort.

I still <3 NI...

/end_rant
    yeah in a way that was the only weird thing in the demo whenever he jumped over and grabbed the X1 with two hands. why not stay on the maschine? also kinda illustrates a problem with knobs (and faders) with "lightweight" (though i do not know how heavy the X1 is) or maybe just "thin" (aka looking leightweight) controllers .. you either have to or feel the need to hold the thing in place when you move that knob/fader.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast