DJay Pro for iPad Controller

Default DJay Pro for iPad Controller

Anyone using Algoriddim DJay Pro on iPad with a controller?

The controllers for iPad are so limited. The Beatpad 2 seems the best but it's expensive ($599 US)

Anyone find some other options? I wish the Numark Mixtrack 3 was compatible.

Remember this is not a pro setup so I'm not going to spend pro bucks on the rig.

Cheers.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post

The controllers for iPad are so limited. The Beatpad 2 seems the best but it's expensive ($599 US)

Remember this is not a pro setup so I'm not going to spend pro bucks on the rig.

Cheers.
    Any class compliant controller / soundcard will work with Djay Pro for iPad you just need to import the mapping file:

1. Download Djay Pro Desktop version (the demo version is fine).
    2. Plug in your Controller to the PC/Mac.
    3. Edit the default mapping to your liking
    4. Export the mapping somewhere.
    5. Open iTunes
    6. Use Document sharing and import the mapping file.
    7. Sync.

I use mine with a VCI100 Mk2 - Pretty sure the Mixtrack 3 is compatible as well. Just make sure you use a powered usb hub with the Apple CCK.

And no, Algoriddim did NOT make the information publicly available in any support documents or manuals. I'm guessing they have publicity deals or the likes with the manufacturers of supported controllers only.

Here's the algoriddim community thread on the subject.

http://community.algoriddim.com/algo...y_button&reply[id]=19093774#reply_19093774

holy SH!!!

I'll try it. Thanks.

Tech Mentor

Yep. .....i've got the 2nd soundcard on my Denon MC7000 set up with my iPad as a back up.

https://www.facebook.com/thisisian/v...5599571980792/

Can i also recommend using Apples more recent USB3 camera connection kit, as it has an additional lightning pass through port which will charge your iPad while in use.
    Cheers

IAN WILLIAMS

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post

Cheers.
    So I haven't done it yet because I have been traveling & will be back home (cali) in the next two weeks but I had a similar dilemma. I ended up purchasing a MF Twister & am gonna use that in conjunction with a mixfader (which I already use) to dj with my iPad at house parties etc. So can't say how well / badly it works but on paper seems like it'll work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    So I haven't done it yet because I have been traveling & will be back home (cali) in the next two weeks but I had a similar dilemma. I ended up purchasing a MF Twister & am gonna use that in conjunction with a mixfader (which I already use) to dj with my iPad at house parties etc. So can't say how well / badly it works but on paper seems like it'll work fine.
    How do you plan on cueing ?

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    How do you plan on cueing ?
    I bought the traktor splitter. Go to settings -> advanced -> pre-cueing option is there.

This one: https://www.amazon.com/Native-Instru...aktor+splitter

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    I bought the traktor splitter. Go to settings -> advanced -> pre-cueing option is there.

This one: https://www.amazon.com/Native-Instru...aktor+splitter
    Ah yeah, forgot you can do split mono