Need help with my setup!!

Default Need help with my setup!!

Hey people, I'm new to the Djing world and need some help, I'm currently mixing on Pioneer DDJ RR, usually I'm playing through monitors and cueing through headphones however when it gets late at night I can't as my family are asleep, is there any way I can mix through just the headphones.
    I thought maybe I could cue on one side and have the actual mix playing on the other but not too sure.
    Im using Recordboxx on a MacBook.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

just turn the headphone mixing knob all the way to master

Quote Originally Posted by Memm View Post
    Hey people, I'm new to the Djing world and need some help, I'm currently mixing on Pioneer DDJ RR, usually I'm playing through monitors and cueing through headphones however when it gets late at night I can't as my family are asleep, is there any way I can mix through just the headphones.
    I thought maybe I could cue on one side and have the actual mix playing on the other but not too sure.
    Im using Recordboxx on a MacBook.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!
    You're talking about split cue, and it looks like the RR doesn't do it. A lot of mixers do, but it seems to be missing on some controllers. But, that's exactly how I play at night or when I just don't feel like using speakers...mostly listening to the master and split cue for when I need it.

You can listen to just the master by turning the cue/master knob all the way to master, and you can switch to hearing either a blend of the two or just the cue channel.

Or you could get another little mixer to run your headphones, which will do what you want as long as it has channel pan controls.

Usually you would just plug your headphones in, disconnect your speakers and press those yellow buttons .. you know the ones that say cue .. maybe doesn't work on controllers?
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Usually you would just plug your headphones in, disconnect your speakers and press those yellow buttons .. you know the ones that say cue .. maybe doesn't work on controllers?
    Cue / Master knob? Can't you just turn it to master when you want to hear the main output and halfway when you want to cue the other track? That the way I've been doing headphone mixes for years.

I know its not going to be exactly the same as mixing with speakers, but it is far more accurate IMHO than doing left/right mixing with the cue/master.

Or you could get another little mixer to run your headphones, which will do what you want as long as it has channel pan controls.
    I'd kinda work I guess with alot of messy cabling, knob turning and button clicking. Little overkill to cue a track

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    I'd kinda work I guess with alot of messy cabling, knob turning and button clicking. Little overkill to cue a track
    True. And the RR might not actually have the right outputs to run it. But, he said he wanted split cue....which is also how I prefer to mix only in headphones (mostly listening to the master, turn on split cue when I actually need to audition something).