What's your favorite DAW? ..and why?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb What's your favorite DAW? ..and why?

Hey guys, I've never gotten properly into production, but I've messed about with most DAWs from time to time.. and I'm interested in what everyone's prefs are regarding software, and why for them! I want to get into it properly, but need some casual guidance..

So, spill forth your wisdom
    Last edited by belchman; 12-09-2009 at 03:33 PM.

Fl Studio 9 and Ableton on PC
    I have been using Fl for years now and like the workflow alot.
    The fct that yoiu can just open it and start working right off is a plus.
    Ableton I use for live.

Logic Express 8, Ableton on Mac
    Logic because Fl has not been written for the Mac yet and the workflow is alright this far(Still learning)
    Ableton same as above.
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

I've been mucking around with FL Studio since it was fruity loops. FL 9 is the beez kneez. Have had a play around with Logic Gold and Ableton also. To me the actual DAW you use isn't that important, most have similar capabilities and features, its allllll about the vsti's
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

synapse orion platinum.
    it's super intuitive and i've been using it for about 8 years so it's second nature.

I produce my tracks in Ableton, I started out using FL Studio but moved on since I thought Ableton had a better overview. I still hear lots of good things on FL though so I might head back and produce something there as well
    I used to link music in my signature but nowadays I don't.

Tech Wizard

Why excactly do we need more than one topic on this? It's even on the same page...

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9354

Quote Originally Posted by Tobert View Post
    Why excactly do we need more than one topic on this? It's even on the same page...

so you have something to do at night
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

Quote Originally Posted by Tobert View Post

sorry, i didnt see this one. to be fair, i clearly didnt look hard enough for an answer before posting this thread. Thanks anyway.

Infact, i'd like to change tack a bit and ask - why? Is good production more down to the mastering and compression than the synths themselves?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jasonj View Post
    hahaha!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by jasonj View Post
    Are you refering to my posting time?
    If that is the case, you should consider the option there are people _not_ living in the US and thus are in a different time zone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast