Current Audio Interface Options (just curious)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Current Audio Interface Options (just curious)

So, I'm up at 6am for some reason. And I was actually wondering about something.

Apparently the TS A10 was discontinued

If you're like me and want flexibility of mixer choice but also want to use a computer with 4 decks, does that mean that you're now forced ino a Rane SL4 or a recording-focused interface?

If so, does that mean you can't currently use 4 decks with Traktor Scratch Pro without buying a mixer with a built in interface?

I don't need it for me. I have an A10 that works just fine, and there are loads of recording-oriented soundcards that would work...most of them are huge, though. I'm just wondering if I'm reading things right...

If you don't run 4 decks constantly .. you cant go past the Audio 6 mate. You can combine channels, so you can run 2 independent decks and a 3rd shared with a remix deck or stems if you want.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Does it really matter if it's discountinued? It's not like it will stop working tommorow. I didn't read anything about OS compatibility issues either so we can safely assume any A10 (mk1 or mk2) owner is set for at least until next macOS CoreAudio (sooner) or win driver issue (later).
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

I did read in a support ticket that because the Audio 10 is discontinued, NI is also not officially testing and supporting it on new OSes like macOS High Sierra, which I find pretty disappointing. I understand discontinuing something if it doesn't sell well or it's too expensive to make, but at least support it for a couple more years, instead of having owners wonder when it's going to randomly break. Especially since the support for the Audio 8 DJ only stopped last year.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikMinekus View Post
    NI is also not officially testing and supporting it on new OSes like macOS High Sierra, which I find pretty disappointing.
    Not saying that is not true but here it states that both mk1 and mk2 A10 are supported (and that means they had to test them) on High Sierra.
    https://support.native-instruments.c...ents-Hardware-
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    If you don't run 4 decks constantly .. you cant go past the Audio 6 mate. You can combine channels, so you can run 2 independent decks and a 3rd shared with a remix deck or stems if you want.
    Hey. Good to see you.

I'm fully aware. But, it's still kind of frustrating. You could get away with it most of the time...actually, most of the time, I could just not connect that deck and be fine. But it's definitely not as flexible.

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Does it really matter if it's discountinued? It's not like it will stop working tommorow. I didn't read anything about OS compatibility issues either so we can safely assume any A10 (mk1 or mk2) owner is set for at least until next macOS CoreAudio (sooner) or win driver issue (later).
    Yeah...mine still works. I do have questions about what to do when it eventually stops working (as every single audio interface I've bought eventually has, except it and my 2i2), but this question was more about where the industry was at. Apparently, everyone just does the mixer with built in AI thing....which is fine, just not what I want.

Fortunately, for anyone else who is kind of like me but isn't me, the Scarlett 18i20 is probably just as rock solid as the other Scarletts, and it's downright cheap for what you get, even if you're not going to use much of it. And there certainly are others.

I too am looking for something to replace my Audio8DJ for gigging. I do need 8 channels of output because of 4--deck mixing. The ones I have come across are older models of soundcards (RME) or some newer ones that take up so much space. LMK if you find something that is a good replacement for your 10.

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot Han View Post
    I too am looking for something to replace my Audio8DJ for gigging. I do need 8 channels of output because of 4--deck mixing. The ones I have come across are older models of soundcards (RME) or some newer ones that take up so much space. LMK if you find something that is a good replacement for your 10.
    I'm not looking to replace it. But, it seems like there isn't anything other than 19" units.

If you're wiling to use a 19" rack unit, there are a lot of options from Focusrite, Universal Audio, Apogee, Antelope, and probably others. But, I haven't seen anything at anywhere near that form factor except the Rane SL4.

The SL4 is a lot more expensive than the A10 was, but it's nowhere near the price of a high-end recording card. And it looks like it's the only option if you want something relatively small. That's kind of what I was getting at with this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    I'm not looking to replace it. But, it seems like there isn't anything other than 19" units.

If you're wiling to use a 19" rack unit, there are a lot of options from Focusrite, Universal Audio, Apogee, Antelope, and probably others. But, I haven't seen anything at anywhere near that form factor except the Rane SL4.

The SL4 is a lot more expensive than the A10 was, but it's nowhere near the price of a high-end recording card. And it looks like it's the only option if you want something relatively small. That's kind of what I was getting at with this thread.
    You need somewhere to place your laptop (according to all the techno DJs).
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Quote Originally Posted by happydan View Post
    You need somewhere to place your laptop (according to all the techno DJs).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast