Useing Allen & Heath DB4 with DAW and Soundcard

Default Useing Allen & Heath DB4 with DAW and Soundcard

Hi, I am finding it very difficult to find much info about using the db4 inside you DAW, wondering if anyone is using the DB4 in the studio and have any tips on how to get the most out of it.

Thanks in advance.

It’s a DJ mixer, with some midi.

It’s really best suited to DJ’ing.

If you know what you want control of in a DAW, get a midi controller to suit.

Using a DB4 as a midi controller is a terrible waste of an amazing piece of kit.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by benbracken View Post
    Hi, I am finding it very difficult to find much info about using the db4 inside you DAW, wondering if anyone is using the DB4 in the studio and have any tips on how to get the most out of it.

Thanks in advance.
    If you have windows, just set your soundcard to DB4 ASIO. Then set the outputs on your daw mixer to whichever channels you want the audio to come out of.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6