Xone:DB4 & XDJ2000MK2 Connecting Query
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Xone:DB4 & XDJ2000MK2 Connecting Query

I have just purchased a Xone: DB4, 2 XDJ1000MK2 and a DDJ-SP1. (Using a mac with rekordbox running)
    Would anyone please let me have the best way to connect these? Do i just use a USB hub for all or use the LAN port? (or both?)
    Thank you in advance.

Lan port from the db4 is used to connect the xone K1 or K2 nothing else.
    for instance , depending on your play style u can either use the rca or digital output from the xdj1000 to connect to the db4, or tell rekord box to use the internal db4 soundcard and use the xdj as controllers, many possibilities possible.. hook up the xdj with usb to the mac
    Allen & Heath DB4, Xone K2, 2x Native instrument D2
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

Tech Wizard

Thanks you ragverp, I connected the decks/mixer to a USB hub and to the Mac, works great, just some tweaking of the sound output in the Rekordbox settings and it seems to work fine using the DB4's soundcard.
    I have also connected the decks to eachother using a LAN cable, this is purely if someone comes to have a play and uses a USB flash drive, they are already linked.
    Just need to figure out how to use the mixer properly now lol

Its takes a little bit of time, but then you never want anything else anymore...beats any pioneer every day ...
    Be sure to check out the filter mode for the eq, its all i use ...and think of adding a K2 to make optimal use of the looper functions if you use them
    Allen & Heath DB4, Xone K2, 2x Native instrument D2
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ragverp View Post
    Its takes a little bit of time, but then you never want anything else anymore...beats any pioneer every day ...
    Be sure to check out the filter mode for the eq, its all i use ...and think of adding a K2 to make optimal use of the looper functions if you use them
    Thats one of 2 things that are confusing me... the filter mode EQ i mean. as soon as i flick the switch to it, the sound drops and its on straight away... I need to practice with it obviously lol

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Thats one of 2 things that are confusing me... the filter mode EQ i mean. as soon as i flick the switch to it, the sound drops and its on straight away... I need to practice with it obviously lol
    If you have the knobs pointing to 12 oclock and switch them to the filter mode, it should cut to basicaly slience.

You have an HPF and an LPF both set at the same freqency, which allows nothign to pass.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    If you have the knobs pointing to 12 oclock and switch them to the filter mode, it should cut to basicaly slience.

You have an HPF and an LPF both set at the same freqency, which allows nothign to pass.
    I wanted to go between the isolator EQ and filter mode, are you saying this is not advisable? just stick to one or the other?

I wanted to go between the isolator EQ and filter mode, are you saying this is not advisable? just stick to one or the other?
    It would be weird to switch the modes while a track is playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    It would be weird to switch the modes while a track is playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think i realise that now... I will have to pick a side and stick with it.
    thank you for the info

I think i realise that now... I will have to pick a side and stick with it.
    thank you for the info
    They're both worth playing with, just not when channels are live and you're doing something that matters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast