Quest for Compatible USB hubs - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mmauve View Post
    maybe a thin metal plate can be gently drilled to the bottom of the case to give it more weight?
    That would definitely help. Good call.

Well I thought I would give it a little time before I updated this thread, but I have never gotten a response from IOGear, D-Link nor. Koutech

Which is a shame. I still am trying to get info on whats available.
    Last edited by djtimmmy; 12-23-2009 at 03:22 PM.
    Current Gear: Vestax VCI-100 with DJTT overlay and firmware mod / M-audio Fast Track Pro / Traktor Pro / Windows XP Pro / Korg Nanopad / Akai LPD8 / American Audio MCD-510 / and craploads of other gear

|www.poweralleydj.com||www.myspace.com/dj-tim|

Tech Guru

what i never understood is why NI, Vestax, Akai, Korg never bothered to release a USB hub. it would become the default USB hub for all musicians .. even if it would be overpriced.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Just added Belkin's list to the first post... i finally got word back from them...

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by lsmith View Post
    what I never understood is why NI, Vestax, Akai, Korg never bothered to release a USB hub. it would become the default USB hub for all musicians .. even if it would be overpriced.
    although nice idea .. but to be honest. why did vestax akai, korg, ni release products with a usb1.1 port instead of a usb 2.0 port especially when the new USB 3.0 isn't to far off..
    Last edited by djtimmmy; 12-23-2009 at 03:25 PM.
    Current Gear: Vestax VCI-100 with DJTT overlay and firmware mod / M-audio Fast Track Pro / Traktor Pro / Windows XP Pro / Korg Nanopad / Akai LPD8 / American Audio MCD-510 / and craploads of other gear

usb 3.0? WOW! Is firewire going to fade out and become unused? I thought firewire was more STABLE!?
    MixCloud

Mac Mini w/2GB Ram + Traktor 1.2 + BCD3000 + 61 Midi Keyboard + Samson Q1U

Quote Originally Posted by DeeEss View Post
    usb 3.0? WOW! Is firewire going to fade out and become unused? I thought firewire was more STABLE!?
    Firewire has slightly lower round-trip latency than USB. So, in the case of recording through a microphone, processing the sound inside your computer and pumping it back out to the performer, Firewire is preferable. DJ apps almost never need to do roundtrips, they just send *out* music, so USB vs. Firewire in that application is not an issue. Either will do.

OH yeah I get it cool! Thanks!
    MixCloud

Mac Mini w/2GB Ram + Traktor 1.2 + BCD3000 + 61 Midi Keyboard + Samson Q1U

firewire will never fade, its latency for audio and video are superior and the latest firewire hitting 800Mmbps. but USB 3.0 may change all that.

USB 3.0 (Superspeed USB) will have a theoretical bandwidth of 4.8Gbps (minus packet overhead), ability to provide a 900ma per device current limit. connectors will be different,but are planned to be backwards compatible

The new 3.0 Spec uses 4 pairs of wires instead of 2 pairs that's used in the current usb 2.0 & 1.0 spec.

Don't Expect to see usb 3.0 in the mainstream for at least another 1-2 years or so

Intel is bucking the new usb3.0 and wont support it till 2011 thay have something else they had in the works and calls it code name "Light Peak" it is an Optical cable running at 10Gbps with capabilities to reach 100Gbps in future revisions.

Their thinking is that "light peak" will be the answer to all high speed connectivity (Sata, USB, Firewire, SCSI, HDMI).
    Last edited by djtimmmy; 12-23-2009 at 09:33 PM.

Thought i'd bump this back to the top in light of the
    recent post on the site to debunk all the usb mumbo jumbo....

Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast