Midi Fighter Twister syncing the display value of the encoder
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Midi Fighter Twister syncing the display value of the encoder

Hi
    I just got my Midi Fighter Twister and I gotta say I'm super impressed with the build quality, performance, and features that this little thing packs!
    However, there's part in the manual that I dont get and need further explaination:
    "It is possible to sync the display value of the CC or note to the parameter it is controlling in
    your software of choice. Simply map the MIDI OUT for that parameter to the same MIDI
    number on channel 0.
    "
    This would be very useful for me since I'm using this Twister for plugins controls and would love to be able to sync the values of the encoders to the values of the parameters that its controlling.
    I'm using Studio one 3
    Thank you and wish you all a nice day
    Last edited by flamingonion; 01-30-2018 at 03:58 AM.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

It's basically the exact same message Traktor gets when you click earn to map it normally, so Ch.1 for encoders and Ch.2 for encoder presses.

The Ch.0 bit you noticed is a small inconsistency on the guide since before it was written using Ch. 0-15 "notation"

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    It's basically the exact same message Traktor gets when you click earn to map it normally, so Ch.1 for encoders and Ch.2 for encoder presses.

The Ch.0 bit you noticed is a small inconsistency on the guide since before it was written using Ch. 0-15 "notation"
    thank you for your response, however I'm very new to this midi thing so I dont quite get it
    do you happen to use Studio One 3? Can you help me to set this up in Studio One 3?
    thank you!

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Sadly I'm mainly an Ableton guy but I'm sure someone in here can chip in with that.

I'm still looking for an answer
    hope someone is kind enough to help out, thank you!

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Alright I downloaded demo and have set up new external device for Twister. Than after some time fiddling with it I found this option:

And it works like a charm
    Do you have some basic knowledge on how to midi learn knobs in Studio One?

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Alright I downloaded demo and have set up new external device for Twister. Than after some time fiddling with it I found this option:

And it works like a charm
    Do you have some basic knowledge on how to midi learn knobs in Studio One?
    Thank you Stewe for your response! I did setup my Twister as a regular midi controler and using its super knobs to control plugin parameters just fine.
    I also tried to tick the transmite value however the value of the parameters and my knobs aint synced.
    For example, if I used the that knob to move the the compressor's threshold of project A to 0; when I switch to project B and try to use that knob to move the compressor's threshold from default value of 50, instead of moving from 50, it will move from 0 (due to the previous position) and mess up the whole "ear feeling" thing.
    I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say :'D English wasn't my first language so sorry.
    =

Quote Originally Posted by flamingonion View Post
    Thank you Stewe for your response! I did setup my Twister as a regular midi controler and using its super knobs to control plugin parameters just fine.
    I also tried to tick the transmite value however the value of the parameters and my knobs aint synced.
    For example, if I used the that knob to move the the compressor's threshold of project A to 0; when I switch to project B and try to use that knob to move the compressor's threshold from default value of 50, instead of moving from 50, it will move from 0 (due to the previous position) and mess up the whole "ear feeling" thing.
    I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say :'D English wasn't my first language so sorry.
    =
    Your English if fine
    Are you saying that each encoder is configured as a Super Knob?

If so, please ensure that your primary CC is assigned to controls in Studio One - your secondary CC (which is enabled by ticking superknob in the MF Utility) does not respond to values sent to Ring Indicator. Only the primary CC does.

I didn't had chance to test how the parameters/values behaves when switching projects A-B and so for it, but if it's not you can set your side buttons to select between different banks (Midifighter's internal banks) which should update the value just fine.

Hi Stewe,
    my bad, no, actually none of my knob is setup as a superknob.
    Also I tried to switch between different internal banks but the value of the knobs didn't update according to the value of the plugin parameter.
    How about the encoder MIDI type? I saw yours is ENC and mine is CC.
    are there anyway to make the Twister knobs just knobs without any internal memories? :'D

Quote Originally Posted by flamingonion View Post
    Hi Stewe,
    my bad, no, actually none of my knob is setup as a superknob.
    Also I tried to switch between different internal banks but the value of the knobs didn't update according to the value of the plugin parameter.
    How about the encoder MIDI type? I saw yours is ENC and mine is CC.
    are there anyway to make the Twister knobs just knobs without any internal memories? :'D
    Let's stick to CC MIDI type. Just tested it out and no issues here to report. What I did was:

1) Created two Projects.
    2) Mapped master volume knob to one of encoders within Project #1.
    3) Switched to Project #2 and did the same mapping.
    4) Set different values for master volume in each Project.
    5) Finally, click on "Project" tab and select/toggle between two Projects. Indicator was updating just fine.

Note that this was done without internal midi banks of the Midifighter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast