nightmare beatgriding one paticular track, please help!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default nightmare beatgriding one paticular track, please help!

Hi guys,

Im having a very tough time trying to beatgrid Little Secrets (Hey Champ Remix). Im hoping someone here can be my saviour as I'm doing a little set tomorrow and this tune has been requested.

Basically, Traktor analyzes the track to be 120bpm. I set a beatgrid on the very first kick right at the begining and change the bpm to 122. Later on the bpm drops back to 120bpm so I set another gridmarker. I try to change the tempo of this grid marker but the whole thing changes, if i try and move the grid around the grid at the begining of the song resets.
    Basically i'm not bothered about the change in tempo in the middle tune because i would have faded out by then. At the end of the track i plan to loop the 120bpm section and que a different tune, however, the beatgrid will not fit..

please please help!!

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

A track can only have 1 BPM tied to it. Your only options are to Warp it, or just beatmatch by ear.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I got that Passion Pit remix but all my kit is packed for my gig tonite.
    Ill try beatgrid it when i get set up and post off my iPhone about what i see.

Passion Pit are a live band but their remixes are usually gridable. I know i have some of their remixes gridded as ive included them in my Mini Mixes.

Karlos

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    and who says digital djs all stand there checking their e-mails?

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Have you tried using the tap tempo to change the bpm and grid position of the song as it is playing? I find it very useful for songs that drift quite a bit.

Not quite sure what you mean regarding "the beatgrid will not fit."
    Last edited by misa; 12-10-2009 at 05:41 PM.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

The track drifts like a drunk driver from around 44 seconds in.
    I can grid the intro and use a second grid for the outro but even with the metronome on it's a pain .

Just use the 2 grid method if you can't warp it.

Trying to grid a track whist the other DJ is tearing the arse out of the system with Gooseflesh isn't the best enviroment though!!!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post

Passion Pit are a live band but their remixes are usually gridable. I know i have some of their remixes gridded as ive included them in my Mini Mixes.

Karlos
    That would be amazing amte

Like Karl said, sometimes using two grids is your only option with problem tracks (except for doing it by ear of course) The idea is to separate out the drifting section by adding extra grid points. for example if the track is ok at the start and starts drifting a minute or so into it, you would drop a grid at the start, one a beat or so before the drift starts, and then one near the end. with a bit of tweaking this "usually" works. can get quite frustrating tho
    Someone should do a tutorial on gridding different types of tracks.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

But the problem is that every time you set a new grid point you loose one hot cue... NI need to implement a new way of setting grids. Troq is great in that matter.

warp it in ableton if you can get access to a copy then export/import to traktor.. probably your best shot mate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast