Best Firewire Sound Cards for Live Performances?
    Tech Convert

Default Best Firewire Sound Cards for Live Performances?

I'm trying to figure out what the best Firewire external sound interface is. I don't plan on doing external mixing so I don't need a whole bunch of outputs. I would just like to have full support for Traktor (that means master output, booth output, headphones output, maybe a spare, so 8 outputs). A mic input.

I'm not sure how headphone previewing works - is that a function of the sound interface or is it handled via Traktor?

I want something that is powerful enough to work in the biggest live environment but not overkill for my application. For example, the FireFace 800 is way more than I need.

Any help is appreciated.

Tech Mentor

motu interfaces are reall goof for live performance if u want many outputs also u can try presonus

Tech Convert

So far what I have read is that the MOTU Ultralite-mk3 is decent but the Fireface 400 is better.

I'm using the motu ultralite (the older and less pimped version) for all kind of stuff, but mainly for recording and performance. Works like a charm, software is top notch, (and seems to be revamped as well) strong unit, good sound, good feel. It does what I want it to do, always, without any problems.