Vci-100Se VS NS7
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Vci-100Se VS NS7

http://techtools.myshopify.com/products/vci-100se
    http://www.numark.com/ns7

What would recommend Vci-100SE with traktor pro or NS7 with NSFX i am on a mac book pro that's around a year old (why would you recommend it) im going to use it more for house and trance type music over rap/hiphop

------------------------------Wayo----Dale---Gas------------------------

Tech Guru

They're completely different in my opinion. It's sort of hard to compare the two since their emphasis in respects to DJing is rather opposite.

One is meant as a utilitarian tool which can be customized to the users needs, the other is aimed at emulating the feel of a genuine DJ rig, platter rotation and all. Price point, theres also a huge difference, as is with portability.

I guess if I had to draw a line between the two, the VCI-100SE wins simply because I wouldn't be pigeon holed into one program. The NS7 as far as I know can only be used with Serato Itch.

Tech Mentor

The NS7 primarily caters towards Scratch DJs as opposed to EDM DJs. That's not to say it's a bad controller, it just might not be what you want. I think the best bet would be to go to a local store and see if they have both set up for demo-ing. Try them both out and see which one you think would fit you better.
    I'm not good at things, but I like to pretend I am.
    :Project-Segfault:

i got the ns7 when i first started djing (with a school grant lol) and i kinda regret it. i'm not a scratch dj. the vci is probably better for edm.
    i'm looking to trade or sell my ns7 for a vci 100 se

unless ableton and serato do something absolutely amazing

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by munizj View Post
    For that purpose, I would keep it until mid January 2010, when NAMM rolls around and they announce what they will do. My hunch is that Itch 2.0 will in fact be a plugin for Ableton rather than a standalone program. Ideally, You would just create a new channel for each deck within Ableton, and the clip launching section would be appended to stuff like effects. Who knows.

If that happens, I'll buy that NS7 from you :P

Quote Originally Posted by munizj View Post
    i have the feeling Serableton will be nothing compared to what can already be done with M4L once the dj community really gets rolling with it.

The only advantage of Serableton will be the ability to use Seratos time code detection algorythms, which in this growing age of controllers is going to be outdated in not that long a period of time.

Back to the original topic though - the Ns7 and the VCI-100 are largely different controllers, and while the VCI-100 is alot smaller it waaaaay better at doing effect and other cool stuff than the NS7 which still is quite a traditional approach to mixing and not really stepping very far outside the box.
    Last edited by BentoSan; 12-10-2009 at 10:34 PM.

Tech Convert

all right right now i like the vci-100 more then the ns7 but the xone dx came up what do you guys think about the xone dx the ns7 is out of the picture now

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

The DX looks pretty good. Totally feature packed but remember the jogs are not like the VCI jog wheels. No wicky-wacky on those rubber lovers.

Also despite the DX being packed with Itch , if your soft of choice is Traktor its all good. The DX works as well if not better with Traktor.

Its also got an in built soundcard.

Tech Convert

what would you recommend i wana mix more then i want to scratch

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast